Respected Contributor

Re: What ever happened to elegance?

Wow! So many rude responses. SMH😕

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe "elegance" isn't the correct word.  I've noticed flipping from HSN to QVC to JTV, the QVC hosts are the most sloppy and tacky.  Kind of a turn-off for me.   People can wear casual clothes, but still be tasteful and well-dressed.   At least, the hosts could comb their hair.

I certainly don't expect evening gowns these days, but it was a nice touch on some of the old QVC jewelry shows.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624   My everyday "plain" ones.   Johhny Ringo......I don't think they make them any more

@Desertdi 

LOVE!! Tooled leather is my fave!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

@GenXmuse People have been dying ever since there have been people. Covid is only the latest.  It has a 98% survival rate so there are still an infinite number of ways to die that are much, much worse. Elegance, or better stated, class, went out the window years ago, both in dress and behavior. There is no excuse for being a slob. Maybe if people started taking a little pride in their appearance their attitudes would change too.

Respected Contributor

I loved dressing up for a special night of dinner/dancing. Those days are gone, but they sure were fun.

Belle of the ball.jpg

Honored Contributor

No holiday festivies or parties this year. I think people are staying home, so there is no need to dress up or wear nice jewelry. It will all come back eventually.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think LR displayed elegance maybe once in three months.

(I LOVE Isaac and Shawn.)

Esteemed Contributor

I see nothing wrong with the word elegance, or sophistication, or style. Sadly, however, the relevance of those words is not part of our current lives. It seems as if it was decades ago that we got dressed up, cared about our clothes, our hair, our shoes, jewelry, etc. Dressing up was fun. I used to be a real clothes horse.Now it seems frivolous and inappropriate. I shower, put on my jeans and knit tops every morning, slip on my Thorlos and Skechers, and I'm ready to start my day, with no place to go.

Trusted Contributor

Stylish lady, you look beautiful!
Esteemed Contributor

I believe the OP is speaking about the presentations when the hosts would be decked out.