Honored Contributor

What does it take to ALWAYS Post ALL Information on Garments?

Good grief!  I've asked this question....requested the information and bla bla for so long....it's my request and it bores me!

It's difficult enough to order from a picture on a TV.  But when I KNOW there is more information available and it's not being posted.....well...it's frustrating.

It seems like it's roulette as to if or when the full amount of information will be posted.

I've said this before (but what the hey)....I'll say it again...."I'll bet there is a pattern on who's putting up the information as to how much gets posted".  I'll just bet it's the same person/people who do not post ALL of the information available.

Look!  QVC sells the same stuff over and over.  Most of Denim and Co comes to us via China.  It's not brain surgery that 'supposedly' they're supposed (key word..supposed) to be the same.  

For example an Xsmall should be bla bla, a 1x bla bla...RIGHT?  If nothing else go find information from somewhere else and post that....But at least pretend you really want to sell these things!

This has been a recording.......

Respected Contributor

Re: What does it take to ALWAYS Post ALL Information on Garments?

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Good grief!  I've asked this question....requested the information and bla bla for so long....it's my request and it bores me!

It's difficult enough to order from a picture on a TV.  But when I KNOW there is more information available and it's not being posted.....well...it's frustrating.

It seems like it's roulette as to if or when the full amount of information will be posted.

I've said this before (but what the hey)....I'll say it again...."I'll bet there is a pattern on who's putting up the information as to how much gets posted".  I'll just bet it's the same person/people who do not post ALL of the information available.

Look!  QVC sells the same stuff over and over.  Most of Denim and Co comes to us via China.  It's not brain surgery that 'supposedly' they're supposed (key word..supposed) to be the same.  

For example an Xsmall should be bla bla, a 1x bla bla...RIGHT?  If nothing else go find information from somewhere else and post that....But at least pretend you really want to sell these things!

This has been a recording.......

You do realize there is a “click here“ in the description of every garment. Right there are the measurements for every single size. So why would there be any question?

Even the vendor LOGO can have different measurements for items that are listed as the same size.  The "click here" shows the exact measurements.

So if the chest circumference is 40 on one medium it could be 42 on another medium. So Know your numbers for what fits you. But all the information you need is right there in the description on every single garment.

Honored Contributor

So if the chest circumference is 40 on one medium it could be 42 on another medium. So Know your numbers for what fits you. But all the information you need is right there in the description on every single garment.

@Bhvbum

Some people just don't understand that different styles and different fabrics have different wearing ease requirements .... and more than likely don't even know their own body measurements.  

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum That only works should the person be sitting in front of his or her computer.

You are missing the point.  The point is the information is almost certainly available to the human who is sitting in front of their controls and (most likely) with the push of a finger (whatever) can put it up on the screen....THAT's my point.

Believe it or not...your choice.  There are people who don't sit in front of the TV with their computers handy while watching QVC.

There are still people out in TV land (I happen to know one) who doesn't know anything about computers and doesn't care to learn (she's in her 80's).  

A computer (open and running) should not have to be available so that one can order from a TV.  That's the point I'm trying to make.

All we viewers hear all day long with every presentation is that QVC is all about convenience....Just a thought....but how convenient is it to always have a computer in front of you every time you want to "perhaps" order from QVC?

I usually order automatically (no talking to a person).  It's convenient and I don't have to sit and wait for someone to come on the line.  

If it's a popular item I've had it sold out (my size) while waiting for someone to come on the line to help me.

Incidentally, the sizes are not all the same.  Joan River's clothes (especially her button up shirts) usually run larger than some others.  The sizes do vary.  Start paying attention and you'll see it does vary.  

What some might not realize is QVC has various manufacturers for even the same items.  That's why a person might order a Denim & Co shirt in a size 1X and then the same design, etc. ordered a few months later might not fit.  Why?  It's because another manufacturer has been given the contract to produce it.  

Look at it this way....(this is a repeat)...When cutting out a garment even 1/8th of an inch can make a big difference one way or another.  If a manufacturer wants to save money and must provide .... say 5,000 pieces of the item....multiple 1/8th times 5,000...see...it does add up one way or another.  

Phew!  I'm kinda off subject.  The purpose of the above demonstration was to show that it can and does make a difference EVERY TIME an item is presented on QVC.

When the information is available, we, the viewers should have access to all of the information....that means (in my opinion) putting it up on the screen.

Now I'm bored and it was my original post.  I'm finished explaining my point.  

Honored Contributor

I'm confused, is THIS the QVC you are talking about?  Because this QVC has all the information anyone could possibly want, of course they can't put everything in a tiny box on the screen.  I shop with my computer on so that when I see something I want, I go online and check out the sizing information, the colors, the fabrics.  There's the body size chart, there's the garment size chart.  Whatever info you need is just couple of clicks away.  

Respected Contributor

Whenever I order any clothing item from any TV channel, I never order by phone.  No, I don't watch any presentation with my computer already on.  Most times I DVR the show and watch it later at my convenience anyway.  I won't order until I've checked the garment measurements online, so I then just place the order while I'm there.  I've avoided many mistakes and impulse ordering that way.  

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

I think I understand what you’re saying - the purpose of a TV shopping channel is so you can just shop off of TV and not go running to a computer to look up all the sizing details.  So it would be nice to have more details about item sizing to make an informed decision before you call in your order but I’m not sure the Q will ever make that change. 

Trusted Contributor

I understand what Annabelle is saying.   QVC could easily do away with hosts since we do most of the work anyway.     Just do an Amazon type of company.    Apparently most of us are bothered by the hosts anyway.   Problem solved.

Honored Contributor

Even if they put up every size of every garment on the screen, if you blink, you'd miss it.

It's just easier to buy online.

Esteemed Contributor

Back in the day, QVC use to post garment measurements.  Back then at least to me, the presentations were slower and it was usually just a host and no vendor.  Now, the presentations are faster and it appears that the production and direction have changed greatly.