Valued Contributor

Re: What do you want to see in a new host?

One word: focus.

Respected Contributor

No stupid dances, no focusing on the face when someone eats, no giggling all the time, when you ask a vendor a question, don't keep talking or interupting when they are trying to answer your question about the product.  Don't try to upstage everyone else on the set.  Don't pose for the camera when you have the vendor's clothes on.  Just be yourself.  If that doesn't work then you should not be on TV.  Having fun with the job is good, but some are having so much fun they get annoying.  When the vendor goes through colors, don't interrupt with how many are left or funny jokes or, "this is the color I want", and PLEASE give dimensions of handbags immediately. 

Trusted Contributor

A good speaking voice, at a normal rate. No cutsie talk, no trying to be cute and call people nicknames..( so unprofessional i think). No posing for camera in clothes...you look stupid, leave it for the models.

Honored Contributor

Intelligence, good manners and a pleasant voice.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@luvsshopping wrote:

I would like to see a host give more information about the item -not spend time talking about nonsense just to fill in the time alloted for the item.

@luvsshopping   If the PTB didn't spend so darn much time on one item, the hosts wouldn't have time to be silly and look/sound so stupid.  However, some hosts manage to do this in a short presentation anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Someone who doesn't go overboard trying to be cute. Someone who isn't fake. Someone who doesn't try to look "over the top". Someone who is relatable, but relatable to me, may not be to some of you, I don't know.

Katie McGee and Mary Beth Roe are favorites, but I don't see either of them on much. I read on here that they moved Katie to one of the other channels and I can never remember what the other channels are, so there goes that.

The oldies were goodies!

Honored Contributor

Articulate and pleasant but quite frankly, until QVC changes their inventory, no new host will get me to start watching again...

Honored Contributor

Pleasant voice, give pertinent details early in presentation, articulate, pleasant and well-prepared.  No screaming, kissing, inside jokes, speak in a normal tone and don't drag out words to emphasize "nothing".   

Respected Contributor

@seaBreeze  

@seaBreeze wrote:

Related image

Yes, the "old ones" were the best. 

On point, concise & quiet natured.

@seaBreeze 

I would add:

Image may contain: 1 person

You are so right, @seaBreeze 

"Yes, the "old ones" were the best. 

On point, concise & quiet natured."

Esteemed Contributor

Someone who INSISTS on being dressed in her correct size before going in front of that camera. None of this business with tops they can't button or zip and bottoms that fit like a second skin so they pull in the crotch and get all lines of wrinkled fabric around the knees.