Esteemed Contributor

Re: What do you want to see in a new host?

Someone who acts mature.....and  doesn't spend time acting cute, flirty with the audience or vendors.....

Be about the product and give us the details....and during

the clothing shows there are a couple hosts who feel they have to change into every item presented........the models usually are the same size as the hosts and they have the other models there to cover the other sizes.........and MOST OF ALL be respectful of the vendor  (and vendor of host) and stop over talking eachother.

Honored Contributor

Just hire someone who has good command of the English language and doesn't make the presentations about themselves or their families. I watch less and less of QVC programming and if I want to buy which I do a lot, I go online. I don't even waste my time with the video presentations.I really don't see the Q taking advice from the customer, simply because they rely on the lonely customers and naive people who watch to buy impulsively from their favorite hosts.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I want a host who will talk about the products.  I have no desire to know about their lives, friends, the demands of anyone's daily life, kids, spouse/SO, home, etc etc.  These are salespeople, not my friends or acquaintances. I do not watch to be friends with the hosts.  

Esteemed Contributor

Young.  Retire everyone over 55 (or close to it).  They are so last century and just can't keep up with new technology and social media.  Show them all the door.

Trusted Contributor

I want someone like Kathy Levine who will say a piece of clothing is not a good fit for a larger size.  If you have been watching for years, you will remember that Kathy was honest about what she sold.   I am a 1X - what fits a Size 6 will most probably not look well on me.  I understand that.   But the Q advertises slim models who look about 18 to 25-years-old -  they should show a photo of each piece of clothing on a smaller size and a plus size and let the customer decide.  

Respected Contributor

I would like a host that has a command of the English language. One that doesn't make up silly non-words. One that is actually educated.  I would like a host that does not screech and yell and jump up and down, That doesn't act like a 10 year old. Give me the facts of the item. Don't care how many are purchased or how many are left. That means absolutly nothing to me. I don't care about your family or friends or making the segment all about you. Just stick to the facts. I guess this is why I don't watch qvc all that much any more. Just not my style of selling.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Someone calm, with a good speaking voice, with a calm demeanor and able to tell us about the product without screeching.....I don't mind some of the personal things that hosts say,obviously relating to the product, as long as it doesn't distract from the presentation.

I want to be able to envision that product with my eyes closed, so they need to be very descriptive and knowledgeable about it as well. Those are traits I would like to see, oh and be relatable......Also once the host has given us the pertinent info, please allow the vendor their time to speak about their product without constant interruptions.   

Valued Contributor

Someone,male or female,that makes the show about the products and not about themselves! A person that speaks clearly,not fast,and no hysterical laughing and rambling on about how many they have or how many they plan to purchase.We are the buyers,treat us like that!

Honored Contributor

VOICE

IDEA: When interviewing potentials, you might close your eyes and just listen.

If the voice sounds calm and pleasant, this person will be a candidate.

Then, make them laugh.

If it sounds like a donkey hee-hawing, this candidate is a no.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I don't want to see any more new hosts.