Honored Contributor

Re: What do you want to see in a new host?

Someone who doesn’t yell
Someone who speaks in a normal voice
Someone who spares us every detail of their personal life.
Esteemed Contributor

Someone who isn’t Kerstin Lindquist, Jennifer Coffey and Kristine Zell
Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager. I have a solution stop watching if people over 55 don’t suit you. You are beyond rude
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Young.  Retire everyone over 55 (or close to it).  They are so last century and just can't keep up with new technology and social media.  Show them all the door.

@Johnnyeager . Social Media? The QVC viewers are probably on the older side of 50 than not. They are also not addicted to social media. No one in my family or friends on the younger side has even heard of shopping channels on tv or would buy any of the products they show.

Doesn’t matter how many young hosts they bring in, they will not attract new younger viewers, so just keep the old ones.

How many posters on these forums do,you see that say ‘I don’t do Facebook’?  Social Media, really?

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Young.  Retire everyone over 55 (or close to it).  They are so last century and just can't keep up with new technology and social media.  Show them all the door.

@Johnnyeager . Social Media? The QVC viewers are probably on the older side of 50 than not. They are also not addicted to social media. No one in my family or friends on the younger side has even heard of shopping channels on tv or would buy any of the products they show.

Doesn’t matter how many young hosts they bring in, they will not attract new younger viewers, so just keep the old ones.

How many posters on these forums do,you see that say ‘I don’t do Facebook’?  Social Media, really?

@proudlyfromNJ  - I thought @Johnnyeager was being sarcastic and joking.  If not, I certainly don't agree that the 50 + crowd needs to be shown the door. 

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

VOICE

IDEA: When interviewing potentials, you might close your eyes and just listen.

If the voice sounds calm and pleasant, this person will be a candidate.

Then, make them laugh.

If it sounds like a donkey hee-hawing, this candidate is a no.

You are so right!   A pleasant voice and a calmness is so important.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

Start a trend without all that kissy-kissy with every vender greeting.

I totally agree.  It is so awkward and a waste of time.  Plus if the same vendor comes back with three items, they have to kiss each time.  Also, the vendors have names which aren't "sweetie", "angel", etc.  (Yes, Angel is a vendor for QF, but that isn't what I meant.)  I think most professional people, would prefer to be called by their name.  Why don't they just say "We welcome back Linda Jones  with XXX product."   No need to kiss each time, or hug, or hip bump.

Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  Yes, Lisa Mason was a great host.  Another one was Judy Crowell.  Neither of them acted loud, silly, etc. and both had a calmness and very pleasant voices.

Honored Contributor

Also, when there is a host, vendor and models we do not need the "inside jokes", but we do need pertinent information about the products.  Length, chest measurement,  regular fit or go up a size, can go in washer and dryer, etc.

Occasional Contributor

Poise, confidence, knowledge of the product, pleasant speaking voice, professional demeanor and attire.