Valued Contributor

Re: What do you want to see in a new host?

Someone calm, articulate, charming, witty and owns a Thesaurus so they have a variety of adjectives to describe what they're selling.  Yeah, I'd love to see Lisa Mason back or a Lisa Mason clone.  Loved her.  LuLu

Contributor

I would like to see accuracy in the description of the product.  I am so disappointed when I listen to an electronic product from two different hosts and the information is different.

(Ex. my last computer's "support" and was told that it was a mistake- should not have been said.... I did say LAST computer)

I do not like to it when the product description is obviously inaccurate just by looking at the article - especially clothing. With the expense of shipping back and returning, I think if the product is misrepresented that all shipping should be returned. The implied health benefits of some foods/medicines.... "It changed my life"....shameful. People purchase on the faith of the host/vendor and if is wrong, in addition for the time one waits for the purchase to arrive, there is lost time re-packaging and returning and losing money.

I do find it amusing when suddenly a color that is not selling has the producer send an alert to the host so that she/he notices just how beautiful it is.  Also amusing, this color is going to sell out and at 11:30pm it is still available in all sizes. 

Oh, and I have contacted said networks to tell them about the dishonesty,,, I mean,,,

mistakes.

Esteemed Contributor

It's not so much the hosts but I'd like to see change in the production of the segments. The production and direction is poor. Some items sell themselves and so having a vendor and host standing trying stretch to come up with say, is getting old.  You know things are bad when the host says, "let's go stand over by the girls."

Not everything has to be exciting.

Super Contributor

I just want to know the facts. 

When it comes to beauty, please don’t show us how wonderful a product is and how it works magic, when you’re also using a model or vendor who obviously has had fillers, botox and a face lift.

I’m an adult, when I am spending my hard earned money I want to be spoken to with respect, you’re not my best friend!

I remember years ago, the hosts talked to us as if we were adults.

To the poster who posted a photo of Bob Bowersox, I loved the weekend mornings in the kitchen with him. He was and is an intelligent man, an adult who acted as an adult.

I always purchased the products he was demonstrating and tried to copy his menus.

I truly miss his shows.

Contributor

That's Alberti for you

Frequent Contributor

@Lucky Charm Totally agree! I'm sure she won't come back, but Lisa was classy, well spoken, educated on the product she was presenting. I still miss her.

Respected Contributor

How about another word? Respect.

Super Contributor

Someone between 35 - 50, no preference on gender, well prepared, well spoken, age appropriate attire, good with call-ins, and most importantly no catch phrases like the following...wait for it, sidebar, I digress, A-mazing, mamacita, curvation, no more wiggle, no more jiggle, happy dancing, 4 hr. food eating shows, etc. etc. 

Respected Contributor

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again.  I really miss Dave James and can’t for the life of me figure out why they let him go.  I loved his voice and presentation style.  He was friendly but not overly silly.  Also, I don’t recall reading very many complaints about him; he seemed to be well-liked.

I also miss Bob Bowersox (thanks for posting his photo), and Steve Bryant, one of my favorites.

I don’t like just one type of host.  I really like different characteristics of many different ones; it depends on what mood I’m in.  I can’t come up with a caricature of the perfect host; no matter who QVC hires, someone will complain.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Valued Contributor

MANNERS