Honored Contributor

Re: What do you want to see in a new host?

[ Edited ]

I watch so seldom anymore that I honestly couldn't care less. That said, were I to begin watching again, it would require fewer perky, chippy hosts with dreadful broadcast voices. It would require that management stop directing hosts how to act and permit them to be individuals behaving with some level of decorum. Finally, it would require management to offer a wider variety of merchandise and brands at consistently better prices, to include shipping. Clearly, none of the above is going to happen.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Rockycoast wrote:

I would like a host that has a command of the English language. One that doesn't make up silly non-words. One that is actually educated.  I would like a host that does not screech and yell and jump up and down, That doesn't act like a 10 year old. Give me the facts of the item. Don't care how many are purchased or how many are left. That means absolutly nothing to me. I don't care about your family or friends or making the segment all about you. Just stick to the facts. I guess this is why I don't watch qvc all that much any more. Just not my style of selling.

I just have one problem with the highlighted portion.  I don't believe everyone has to be educated in college to be a host.  If that is what you meant.  Even some of th college graduates I used to work with didn't have proper English or act their age.  But if that's not what you meant I apologize.

Honored Contributor

#1 pleasant voice- not loud, not monotoned, and have inflection

dress and act professional

lets the vendors/guests speak

Respected Contributor

Someone who does not dance around and act silly. Someone with a voice that I can stand to hear !

Respected Contributor

Maturity.

Respected Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@Rockycoast wrote:

I would like a host that has a command of the English language. One that doesn't make up silly non-words. One that is actually educated.  I would like a host that does not screech and yell and jump up and down, That doesn't act like a 10 year old. Give me the facts of the item. Don't care how many are purchased or how many are left. That means absolutly nothing to me. I don't care about your family or friends or making the segment all about you. Just stick to the facts. I guess this is why I don't watch qvc all that much any more. Just not my style of selling.

I just have one problem with the highlighted portion.  I don't believe everyone has to be educated in college to be a host.  If that is what you meant.  Even some of th college graduates I used to work with didn't have proper English or act their age.  But if that's not what you meant I apologize.

No need to apologize @luvmybeetle   I also know highly educated people that can't form a coherent sentence at times.  But they are not on television, in front of millions of people selling products. I expect professionalism from hosts. I equate that with education I guess. When hosts use made up words, pronounce words incorrectly, are not prepared etc, they seem/sound uneducated to me. It is a turn off to me.  Which is why as I have stated, I don't watch nearly as much qvc as I use to.

Honored Contributor

The next new host I would like to see is Lisa Robertson.  She was my favorite.  I wish she'd come back.

New Contributor

I would like to see some more men as hosts.  There are more than enough women already.  

Honored Contributor

Start a trend without all that kissy-kissy with every vender greeting.

Occasional Contributor

Focus, even tone, ability to articulate the important information potential buyers need to know about the product being offered. Regarding clothing, include fabric content, show the construction and special features the designer has included. Give lengths and make sure to show all color choices up close. 

Warranty information and specific functionality of all components of other items is appreciated as well. Such as, all tools that come with a vacuum. 

While a pleasant banter is appreciated, I do not need to know all your personal information or lifestyle. It has no impact on whether I choose to purchase something except to waste time that could be used to highlight the product. I want to know about the product and if it will enhance MY life or the person it is being purchased for. 

My two cents