Valued Contributor

Re: What about a Discount Card for long-time QVC Shoppers?

When I'm offered a discount it usually comes from a place with $12 shipping. So thanks......but no thanks!

Honored Contributor

I went to Kohl's early bird sale this morning and got a 64.00 jacket for 30

one top on clearance for 4.00, gown for 10, sweater with deep pockets in dark green cardigan long style for 19 substantial wgt. not see thru thin.

No shp and no waiting. Husband got 2 shirts.

Oh, and a 2 pk of Farberware, ceremic coated skillets usually 60 for 30.

We cleaned up .

Honored Contributor

Thanks for all your input!!!  

I know what you are all saying.  I know 10% isn't much, but I always figure it's better than nothing!!!  

I don't like those deals (if you call them that) either where you have to buy something say at full price before you get a discount for something else.  Or spend like $150 and get $10 off or something like that.

And so many stores, they have these coupons, and act like they are so wonderful, but once you look at the tiny-tiny print, there are a ton of exclusions.  

Oh, well, a person can dream, right??? 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Hahaha, it will never happen. Good idea though.

Regular Contributor

This would be nice. But I notice companies usually give special offers to new customers more than to established ones. Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

Or how about if you buy a certain amount in a year, shipping and returns were free after that? Coldwatrer Creek used to do that and it was a teriffic incentive to buy only from them.

Occasional Contributor

That would be nice since I have been with them before they were QVC but I have noticed latety their quality is garbage and have had to return many items here recently today was the final straw I shipped back a defective appliance once again no notice they had rec'd it and today on my acct showed a credit of 3.91 refunded, and they had charged the easy payment to my c/c well on the phone I got and finally got it straightened out but as of now I will either shop HSN or local stores done with the "Q"

Respected Contributor

@TAZZIE wrote:

That would be nice since I have been with them before they were QVC but I have noticed latety their quality is garbage and have had to return many items here recently today was the final straw I shipped back a defective appliance once again no notice they had rec'd it and today on my acct showed a credit of 3.91 refunded, and they had charged the easy payment to my c/c well on the phone I got and finally got it straightened out but as of now I will either shop HSN or local stores done with the "Q"

FYI, QVC was QVC since its founding in June, 1986. The first live broadcast was Nov. 24, 1986. At that time, though, it was not carried in all markets. When CVN was taken over by QVC, CVN viewers then got QVC in CVN's place. But QVC was up and running before the CVN takeover. It was QVC from day one.

Respected Contributor

I do not think the company cares who is buying, as long as someone is buying. 

Nice concept though,

-Texas Hill Country-
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

We also like Kohls.  Like any store you have to look at the construction and fabric.  They have well made clothes.  They sell very good appliances.   My family enjoys all of the extras they give to their customers.  We have name brand appliances that we paid next to nothing for because we bought on sale and used all of our earned credits.  We appreciate that we are allowed to use multiple discounts even on a sales item.  Great prices and quality on children's clothes.  You want quality for the little ones but do not want to pay a ridiculous price for a garment that they may only wear 2 or 3 months if we are lucky.   We pass all clothes on to other families.  In these times everyone knows someone in your community or school who can use good children's clothing.