Frequent Contributor

When Amy came to QVC, I loved watching her.  I'm not quite sure what has happened lately, however.  Sometimes I find myself not being able to understand her because of the fast talking.  She seems to be so excited and almost hyper.......beyond zealous and enthusiastic.  Is this just a reaction to settling in at the Q?  Don't the higher-ups notice and call these hosts out when us viewers find them hard to watch?  When she is paired up with Lori Goldstein...........YIKES!!     

Respected Contributor

Of course higher ups notice, there are production managers for every show, and certainly they are in the business of selling so if this is an issue it's going to get addressed.

There are other hosts and vendors with their own peculiarities, and they've been on QVC for years and years. So my guess is that their results are excellent too and regardless of a few complaints (you can't please everyone) they do very well.  So Amy will stay, or like some hosts in the past she will be asked to leave, but no doubt higher ups are paying attention.

Honored Contributor

I like Amy, I guess we all have our favorites, and not so much. I wouldn't watch Shawn if QVC paid me to. I must say I'm enjoying seeing the different hosts on Q2. I especially enjoyed Courtney on the Joan Rivers show. Now if the would just give .Alberti a home decor show, I'd be a happy camper, but they don't program for me.💐

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Re: What Happened to Amy?

[ Edited ]

@catpat wrote:

When Amy came to QVC, I loved watching her.  I'm not quite sure what has happened lately, however.  Sometimes I find myself not being able to understand her because of the fast talking.  She seems to be so excited and almost hyper.......beyond zealous and enthusiastic.  Is this just a reaction to settling in at the Q?  Don't the higher-ups notice and call these hosts out when us viewers find them hard to watch?  When she is paired up with Lori Goldstein...........YIKES!!     

I'm sure they have sales trainers that tell them what words and actions to use, so they sell more and keep their jobs.  I recommend going on the tour.  It was a real eye opener for me and my mom.  There is a producer that sits above the sets with a scoreboard that shows how much a host has sold.  Plus, the producer speaks into their ears telling them how much they are selling.  I'm sure this is when a host ramps up their wording, so they sell more. 

Respected Contributor

From what I see on most of the shopping channels lately, motor-mouthing sells.  Personally, I hate it.  I prefer a much calmer, slower approach where the host simply takes the time to fully show and explain the product in a normal speaking voice.  For me, Carolyn, Dan or Marybeth would be excellent examples of hosts I enjoy watching.  (Note the maturity level there.)  These days, I mostly DVR the shows I'm interested in and FF past the fluff.  That leaves me time for other activities!

Laura loves cats!
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GSPgirl Interesting to know, thanks for sharing that! Heart

Super Contributor

I thought the same thing a couple of Mondays ago .. and last Monday wasn't

any better...

Maybe the baby is still keeping her up at night ....i found a huge difference having

two children versus one ...

just sayin .....

Honored Contributor

Her sing-song-y way of talking grates on my ears.

And she often holds the last word in the sentence for a long time.

She's a very good host otherwise.

She keeps Lori in check and interrupts her often to give colors & sizes without being rude.   

@catpat

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Haven't watched Qvc live in over month. Miss the old days. Did order 55 4K with warranty, easy peasy online. Thanks Q!🙋
Esteemed Contributor

Amy is one of the hosts that I do not care for.  She talks way too fast.  I am sure she is a wonderful person, but I do not enjoy her presentations.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead