Respected Contributor

Re: We are desperate for some VARIETY!!

@CalminHeart AGREE! I am rarely watching QVC, due to this & annoying hosts. I check "items recently on air", but I just can't watch. The hosts are so annoying I turn the channel within 5min, most of the time. 

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

There's actually a lot of new brands in lots of categories on QVC online, at least in beauty, fashion and household/kitchen categories that I like to shop.  I was surprised at all the new items in brands I knew and didn't know.  It seems QVC only likes to air on TV those tried and true (and boring) brands that they know brought them high sales in the past.  

I was hoping the other channel would show more of those new brands, but alas, not yet.

The only problem is that most are new brands of the same items they already show.  I remember when Q had interesting and unique items in with the standard every day.  There are only so many mattresses, vacuums, computers, mixers, etc that one wants.

Honored Contributor

@mosky

ITA QVC needs more variety on their live presentations.....its always the beds, mattresses, Vitamix, Kitchen Aid, IT Cosmetics, Argan Oil, Skechers, Dyson, Shark, Poo-Pourri, computers/tablets/Amazon Echo/other electronics ..... endless beauty skin care....And the only info we get bout products is mostly the Ez Pay, they talk about the Q Card, and then colors, colors, colors, and lets go over the colors AGAIN!!!  The TSV is presented and re-presented 2-3 times a show.....So called "fashion shows" are filled with beauty products....Its reached the point of OVERSATURATION!!! 

Whats funny I was cleaning out my desk and stuck in a planner I had printed out and saved a page from QVC's Program Guide LAST YEAR as a reminder to watch the show since they had something my sister wanted for a birthday gift...keep in mind this was about a year later and what was so FUNNY was the programming for the CURRENT weekend's QVC programming was EXACTLY THE SAME a year later....I can see planning ahead to make sure merchandise is available and in stock etc....but it just proves that QVC is STUCK on the SAME programming/product rotation for YEARS ON END!!!---YES QVC we need some VARIETY!!!  Why do you repeat the same programs year after year on the WEEKENDS no less!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Contributor

I can pretty much say this with assurance, but if QVC wasn't making a lot of money on their prodcuts and also on their TSV's, they wouldn't be offering the product again, and again, and again.  As long as the money is coming in, they'll keep selling the same products.  I too have often wished they would bring in a bigger variety of products to show.  A person can buy only so many vacuum cleaners !!!!  But yet they keep selling them like hot cakes when they present them as a TSV.  I wish there were more shopping channels!  QVC owns the market right now.  HSN isn't what it used to be and Evine is just okay.  Very nice people at the other shopping channels, right now they can't compete with QVC and never have been able to.

Respected Contributor

Shows with flashlights, gimmick wrenches, and toilet spray sandwiched between hour-long vacuum presentations. Yea!!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wrenzee wrote:

I can pretty much say this with assurance, but if QVC wasn't making a lot of money on their prodcuts and also on their TSV's, they wouldn't be offering the product again, and again, and again.  As long as the money is coming in, they'll keep selling the same products.  I too have often wished they would bring in a bigger variety of products to show.  A person can buy only so many vacuum cleaners !!!!  But yet they keep selling them like hot cakes when they present them as a TSV.  I wish there were more shopping channels!  QVC owns the market right now.  HSN isn't what it used to be and Evine is just okay.  Very nice people at the other shopping channels, right now they can't compete with QVC and never have been able to.

@wrenzee

But the fact is that QVC's revenues keep declining yet QVC Exec's keep scratching their heads over it...Yes QVC might attract a new customer (who knows if they will ever buy anything else) but their long time customers are watching and buying less.....

@wrenzee

One example is electronics for several years now electronics is a declining category yet QVC keeps presenting them over and over and over and in particular inundate us on weekends with them...what dont they get that no one is buying many of these computers and tablets....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Contributor

All I know is, when I see it's PooPourri they're selling, I can't change the channel fast enough.  I mean, really??