Valued Contributor

We are desperate for some VARIETY!!

I am speaking for myself and those of us that are tired of the sameness,that now has spread to three channels.It used to be so many new and exciting items...now its the sameness that is becomming so boring.The vacumns,the shoes,the beds,the same venders over and over and over.Please QVC I want to purchase more,but its become too difficult.Please bring some new lines and change things around so QVC can become exciting like it once was!! Thanks for listening.

Contributor

Re: We are desperate for some VARIETY!!

Agree 100 percent. And Today's Special Values that are special -what a concept - and exciting and unusual and worth anticipating. Sometimes they feel like an insult to one's intelligence. Case in point, Honora. Ooh, another ordinary strand of freshwater pearls. Now, that's special. QVC, have you completely run out of new ideas?

Honored Contributor

@moskyI get what you're saying, but they also have to be really careful because unless you're going to buy as well as look, they run the risk of losing my kind of shopper.  I pretty much buy only from their lines that have been around seemingly forever and I won't admit to what I spend because what I spend makes sense for what I want and what I can afford. Almost everything "new" I bought in 2017 was from Philosophy or Perricone or Susan Graver. 

I can't think of a single new item QVC could offer that would get me to spend more than I do, but if you can - I think you might want to include in your posts the kinds of things you're looking for unless it's enough for you if they're just new. 

Contributor

I definitely don’t watch or purchase like I used to. It seems like every time I look at the program guide,  it is another full hour of the TSV, or hours of cosmetics/beauty products. I thought they would cut back on those since they have the dedicated “Beauty” channel, but they now have many more beauty lines and hours. I guess that I miss the old days of some clothing, some collectibles, some cooking items, some gold jewelry, home decor, crafts etc. I find that even the “fashion” hours are almost 50% “beauty” things. I know the markup is high on these items, but how many products do you need ?

Honored Contributor

There's actually a lot of new brands in lots of categories on QVC online, at least in beauty, fashion and household/kitchen categories that I like to shop.  I was surprised at all the new items in brands I knew and didn't know.  It seems QVC only likes to air on TV those tried and true (and boring) brands that they know brought them high sales in the past.  

I was hoping the other channel would show more of those new brands, but alas, not yet.

Trusted Contributor

For my money, I think that HSN is the best shopping channel in terms of offering new things and variety. They also offer top name brands like Vince Camuto, Lucky Brand, Wendy Williams, Marla Wynn, G by Guilliana and a lot more I can't remember

Occasional Contributor

Thats why I switched to HSN.  They have way more variety, lots of items are free shipping every day.  More options on payment, receipt of items in 3-4 days from order.  

Honored Contributor

The repeat of the same dozen products, or variations of, is why I very rarely watch Q anymore.  They've been doing this for a number of years now.   I think most of us could recite the presentations ourselves. 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I am tired of seeing tsv every time you turn on qvc. They show the two too much and it is boring.

Respected Contributor

QVC used to have a lot of variety. But they are trying to attract younger, "hipper" shoppers even though their bread and butter seems to be mature women with more disposable income, so gone are the collectibles, crafting products (HSN does do craft shows).

I think the youngest caller I've heard on there so far was a young mom who ordered the GILI Today's Special last night.

I only watch for fashion so my viewing is pretty sparse, but they could stand to change things up in a while. All three shopping channels tend to air the same things over and over again. I'm sure it's due to knowing what sells. I do find HSN and Evine offer better easy pays, even though shipping charges are more, but it's good especially for someone like me who has very little disposable income and orders when I know there's extra bucks in the bank (I have no credit cards, so everything is paid with a debit card).