Regular Contributor

Watershed Moment ... QVC needs to fix returns & shipping backlogs

Well, I've finally hit that "Watershed Moment" where the angst and anxiety over out of control shipping and return backlogs at QVC has finally outweighed the pleasure of ordering and looking forward to fun new items arriving AND will change my buying patterns.

Today, I was checking my "order status" (for the 1000th time) on items I have ordered but have been delayed in the west coast warehouse clothing shipping nightmare and backlog.  These aren't "advance order" items, they are "in stock" items.  It's become a HUGE task to keep track of orders and their whereabouts.  So, I cancelled all my clothing waitlist orders ... it's too darn confusing.

And, the returns backlog is the other big NIGHTMARE.  I noticed items that I returned weeks and weeks ago are not credited.  I noticed items that I returned weeks and weeks ago AND called QVC Customer Service AND was granted credits on the phone are STILL NOT credited.  This is out of control and getting worse and worse. 

I plan to suspend spontaenous (that's cute, I'd like to try that) purchases until this whole thing is resolved ... which I can't imagine will be fast with all the Christmas and advance orders being added into the mix.  It's a shame as QVC has been a wonderful product resource for years and years ... 85% of my wardrobe is from QVC (for 25+ years).

Also, I would like to provide the following additional feedback:

* the new white clothing bags are flimsy and I received an order this week with the bag sliced and my order receipt missing; they are practically impossible to re-use for returns

*  individual clothing bag sticker labels are messed up -- receiving some items with only item # on the label (no size or color), so if you order multiples (which are encouraged) and you pull them all out at one time to try them on, you literally have no idea which bag belongs to which clothing item

*the layered shipping/return sticky labels are ridiculous ... the only way I am able to use the return label is by peeling off the top label and sticking the return label to another piece of my own random paper ... the old receipts were just fine (top and bottom, cut at this line, you were left with a proper receipt for yourself and you had a return slip to put in the package).  should never fix "things that aren't broken" and ARE sensible and reasonable for the customer

*clothing quality control is lacking, sizing is inconsistent, same item/size fits differently from one piece to the next 

My only, truly ONLY, caveat is that home goods (kitchen, hardgoods) shipping out of the NC warehouse are timely and I am receiving them promptly and as expected.

Respected Contributor

Re: Watershed Moment ... QVC needs to fix returns & shipping backlogs

I agree with you.

I am very careful to NOT order anything I might end up returning, like clothes, which some I've seen that I like, but other posters write so often about sizing discrepancies and long waits for credit for returns...

I've ordered food items lately and they come on time, and all the cold stuff was frozen solid and packed well. 

I find it hard that other large retailers like WMs and Sonoma and Amazon can do returns no matter where you live, and QVC keeps hitting the Supply Chain note. I wonder if they are taking advantage of that phrase to keep from hiring more help.

Anyway from just the comments, I think it's a good idea to wait a few months till all this stuff straightens out.

I notice that basically, except for immmed. delivery food, ALL of what they're hawking is advance or or months out, or, sells out so quickly the "instock" stuff is gone too soon.

O well. You'll have this in a once in a lifetime event like we're experience, and I must keep in mind that QVC is a fraction of Amazon and Walmart's size, from whom I get my orders in two days ( amazon) or, same day in Walmart's case!

Respected Contributor

Sounds like a wise decision. Shopping shouldn’t create angst and anxiety, especially when there are so many other online options.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Keeping track of my QVC orders is simple.  I only order something every other month or so.   

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

I have not had any issues with my orders or returns.  I do very little returns.

I plan on shopping around this holiday season.  I do not have that many to buy for any more.  I'm not getting caught up on all the stuff the Q shows.  Over did last year and just not necessary.

I did order David's cookies today on auto delivery.  My last delivery is October.  Excellent cookies and so easy.  I keep on hand for my family.  Just finished last batch the other day.  I like the new line up of cookies.

Never have had an issue with food deliveries.

Shop around and shopping to me should be enjoyable.

Respected Contributor

@bluehydrangea 

I think you need a long break.  Shopping is supposed to be fun.

There is no need for any type of anxiety, it's your money and you should spend it with a big smile on your face.

No they are not going to fix returns.  No there are not going to change the bags.   Backlogs are because the boats are piled high and so much merchandise is stuck in the containers and there isn't any truck drivers to deliver it.   It's just the way it is.

There are other places to shop that will bring you joy.  I know it's going to be hard to switch but overall your health is what's more important than worrying about a company who doesn't care.  I write that only using the "doesn't care" because we gave them so many suggestions for returns and nothing is getting done about it.  The wrong people are listening.  The people at the top are so high, they don't see us little people down here and that's true for everything else that's going on.

So, don't look anymore, be surprised when stuff shows up.  I know you won't be able to do that but it's OK, it's only a shopping channel.

Honored Contributor

@bluehydrangea - Your post was a thoughtful summary of the issues many are experiencing.  Not a rant, just the facts of what you've dealt with.

I have to agree absolutely with these new shipping/return sticky labels.  Neither I nor my husband could get the darn things off in one piece and I've had to do the same as you - stick what I could peel off to another piece of paper.  What sense does that make?

Not only that, and this isn't just QVC, I've recently gotten several shipments with those labels that gave ALL my personal details on the shipping label.  Name, address (of course), BUT also my customer ID #, my order #, phone number, method of payment (yes, really).  In this day of identity theft, could these shippers be making things any easier for thieves?  They need to rethink all of this.  This information should ONLY be on an invoice INSIDE the package.

And I've also gotten things shipped in the new plastic bags, ripped open.  I'm always amazed the items even get to me.

Honored Contributor

This might be a good time to reflect on your spending habits and reduce impulse shopping. 

Honored Contributor

@bluehydrangea    Your volume is filled with so many gross exaggerations and untruths, I wouldn't even waste my time trying to answer it, let alone read all of it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment