Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

The very first time that "Here's the thing" stood out and annoyed me, I realized I was watching WAY too much QVC.

Marybeth didn't need to change. I NEEDED to change! 

I don't watch enough anymore to let anything the hosts say bother me.  Not the repetitive sayings,not the ums, ums,  not the sales pitches, not the family talk...nothing.  I hear it so seldom now, it no longer gets on my nerves.

Smart!  I think people enjoy complaining.  Maybe gets them attention.

No, it's just human nature. 

Respected Contributor

I'm waiting for the legal department to shut down the "get it home for only $7.00" when clearly it's 6 months @$7 plus shipping/tax.

I think legally they need to be saying "get it home for your first payment of $7.00 plus shipping and tax"

I'm not being petty, but with the crazy world of sue-happy people, I can't believe that this hasn't become an issue with some sort of class action lawsuit.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Super Contributor

And so many are "OBSESSED!" with one thing or another...FAKE-FAKE-FAKE!

Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2  I'm sure some people that are visually impaired have been surprised when they get their bill.  On the screen where it shows the number of payments is in such small print and most of the times the hosts don't go into detail about the number of payments and pretty much never mention the full price of items.   So tired of them pushing easy pay and their Q card too.

Trusted Contributor

Sweet Mary Beth, slays me with "Here's the thing"...I want to write to her so bad and BEG her to stop it NOW!

Trusted Contributor

I think the "wait for it" is a reference to their wagon-train shipping speed. 

And if someone could clue Pat Dementri in on the "go head", I'd appreciate it.  

Attention Buzz Kill Patrol:   Yes, I know I can change the channel.   And you can mind your own business.   Thanks. 

Honored Contributor

QVC hasn't done this, but the pitch I hate is " you are saving X dollars and you can put this money right back into your pocket.  Tell you what, I'm not taking it out in the first place.

Honored Contributor

How about, “You can get this for just a dollar a day!” But they don’t tell us HOW MANY days. Lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Contributor

Lisa Robertson started the "wait for it" routine lol.

And the tired old "pick a color any color".