Respected Contributor

Re: WORK NEEDED ON QVC.COM

[ Edited ]

@AuntG @Shanus @walker @SeaMaiden @Bri369 

Here are just my thoughts on all the "glitches," "quirks" or whatever other terms (some unprintable in a polite forum) come to mind.

I think this website is being "patched" and is a program package that QVC purchased long ago and the company that it was purchased from is no longer offering new releases, upgrades, or support.

I also suspect that the in house tech team is minimal and if the company that sold this package to the Q is no longer supporting it then a real, growing problem gets uglier and uglier.  The little tech folks don't have enough "fingers" to plug up/patch all the holes forever, no matter how skilled and dedicated they might be if the system is beyond fixing from so many years of "workarounds" being done to keep the engine going.

If my suspicions are correct, there will come a time when a new software package will HAVE to be purchased and implemented and you can imagine what fun we and QVC will all be having.  

I'm as far from a computer whiz as it is possible to be, but I lived through this three times in my thirty-five year career for one non-profit organization before retiring.  They didn't do a new purchase each time until they had to and always wanted the "off the shelf" package from the vendor tailored to their "unique" needs to the point that it would create unneccesary usage and performance problems.

I hope someone with much more computer savvy reads this and weighs in with their more informed knowledge as to my suspicions.  I am so curious as to why there are soooo many difficulties with this website's functions as opposed to other online business sites.  

And the recent "overdue" payments fiasco for payments that were NOT overdue were more than annoying and definitely not good for QVC's business or its customers.

Best to be patient . . . with fingers crossed,

aroc3435

Contributor

It's been an ongoing mess for years! In almost every option, such as posts, order status, etc., I end up being sent back to the sign-in site, and then it will refuse my sign-in! Like others, I often end up giving up.

When changes have been made to the Home Page, for instance, the changes are confusing and/or over,oaded with comments and graphics. Are they running this IT department with college kids, like you see the on-set tech staff? The QVC channels have repeated issues with sound, picture and blackout on the TV screen. My cable carrier says it's the company's technical instability. They've been in business over 30 years and should have better technical expertise than currently exhibited.

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435  I’m assuming they did buy a new package when all,the changeovers happened. Like the Mods being involved with posters, no longer having the Ignore button as mods said it’s not part of the ‘new’ package. And the migration of some posters to a new board and Mods nipping posts in the bud. It’s been awhile but not so long ago.