Honored Contributor

@Foxxee   Surely the mods must be experincing the same issues.  Crazy that the IT folks seem incapable.  Time to replace the IT staff, IMHO.  Especially since the problems aren't limited to the forums.

Honored Contributor

Re: WORK NEEDED ON QVC.COM

[ Edited ]

There have been problems with QVCs antiquated computer system from as far back as I can remember, a very long time.  They just put band-aids on it and put the hampster back on its wheel.

You'd think as critical as it is to the success of their operation, they'd do something to permanently replace that which is obviously broken but apparently they prefer to just patch it up and run on a wing and a prayer.  One of these days it'll crash beyond repair and they will not be operational.

Pity the poor techs who try to fix what is beyond repair, knowing it will soon be down or going wonky again.  I'm sure they're doing their best.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I don't know if the IT people are incapable; they can only fix what they are permitted to fix, with the resources they are given.  I'm sure they are frustrated too at how antiquated this system is.  It is pretty clear that management doesn't care otherwise they would make improving the website a priority.

Honored Contributor

I emailed a complaint today and received a stupid form letter response that could have been written by a monkey. It had absolutely nothing to do w/ the computer issues I described. 

Valued Contributor

@Shanus: b7ca219c-0c3c-456a-8565-1588bfc2ffc7 - Edited.jpgSmiley LOL 

Honored Contributor

See the source image

I think this is who runs this place.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

There have been problems with QVCs antiquated computer system from as far back as I can remember, a very long time.  They just put band-aids on it and put the hampster back on its wheel.

You'd think as critical as it is to the success of their operation, they'd do something to permanently replace that which is obviously broken but apparently they prefer to just patch it up and run on a wing and a prayer.  One of these days it'll crash beyond repair and they will not be operational.

Pity the poor techs who try to fix what is beyond repair, knowing it will soon be down or going wonky again.  I'm sure they're doing their best.

This has been going on for at least 5 years if not longer

Honored Contributor

Ladies, loving the monkey pictures. Lol!!!

Honored Contributor

Working again!!  👏👏  Thank you, Q!  (How long will it last?  Only the monkeys know....😂...love the pics!)

Honored Contributor

Such a mess. Why don't they invest in an upgrade?