Trusted Contributor

WHY ARE ALL OF THESE PRODUCTS SO MUCH CHEAPER AT AMAZON???

I put this Breville oven (K305265) on check hold for $323.15 (w shipping & taxes) and then decided to check Amazon to see how much it was there. The same oven is $290.47(w free shipping & taxes).  That’s $32.68 difference in price!  As much as I shop and have shopped at QVC it’s going to be a lot less in the future if I can get ovens and TSV Keurigs so much cheaper at Amazon.

Respected Contributor

Re: WHY ARE ALL OF THESE PRODUCTS SO MUCH CHEAPER AT AMAZON???

You have to be a savvy shopper to really find the special prices.  QVC doesn't always or even ever have the best price.  

Honored Contributor

Somebody has to pay for the use of the easy pays, if Amazon had easy pay they would charge more too. At least this is what I think.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@blackhole99 wrote:

Somebody has to pay for the use of the easy pays, if Amazon had easy pay they would charge more too. At least this is what I think.

A often offers split payments on stuff but not sure how that affects the total price.  

Q offers things because buyers will buy on ezp, 

Respected Contributor

I think QVC gets by on the fact there are still a lot of consumers (mostly older, long time Q shoppers) who like to watch the presentations, then easily make a purchase over the phone.  For more savvy shoppers, the app probably makes it so fast and (too) easy to make a purchase as well.

Many of us, of course, are becoming smarter shoppers and have found that better deals are usually found elswhere.  I do still like seeing a televised presentation so I have a better idea how an item will work (especially electronics).

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

I think QVC gets by on the fact there are still a lot of consumers (mostly older, long time Q shoppers) who like to watch the presentations, then easily make a purchase over the phone.  For more savvy shoppers, the app probably makes it so fast and (too) easy to make a purchase as well.

Many of us, of course, are becoming smarter shoppers and have found that better deals are usually found elswhere.  I do still like seeing a televised presentation so I have a better idea how an item will work (especially electronics).

@2blonde Yes, I like seeing the presentations too. You can gage the quality of an item, and consider if it’s something you really have to have.😁  That’s a precious kitty!😸

Respected Contributor

If I see something I am interested in on QVC, I 'always' go to Amazon to see if they sell it cheaper before purchasing the item.  Cookbooks are usually cheaper by a few dollars on Amazon .

Respected Contributor

@Ketra   Thank you for the kitty compliment!  That innocent little guy is now a strapping 15 lb long-haired dood who runs the house, but meows and cries for his mama (me) like that tiny little kitten in the photo.  He'll be 4 years old on May 1, and I rescued him at 6 weeks, so he really thinks I'm his mama.

I (like you) have always adored cats, but my advise would be to NEVER get a huge long-haired (Maine Coone type) one unless you wanted to be buried in endless clumps of fur and furballs!  Cat Wink

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I generally don't buy stuff from QVC that I can get elsewhere.

From my experience - Amazon is even less expensive than CVS, Walgreens and local supermarkets, and usually has what I want in stock which is often not the case at stores.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I shop price on every online purchase.  Amazon, actually, is not always the cheapest, although sometimes they can be cheaper than QVC.  Believe me, that free shipping is not really free. 

Same with Wayfair for home products, the free shipping is just hidden in the price you're paying. And sometimes, QVC can be the cheapest.  You just have to price shop.

I'm not loyal to anyone.  When I'm comparing apples to apples, the price, return costs and policies and my past buying experiences with them all affect my buying decision.  I'm a very savvy shopper.