Occasional Contributor

WHERE ARE THE CURRENT SPRING/SUMMER COLORS and STYLES?

A277808 Susan Graver, Stretch Woven Tie-Front Shirt...TSV June 2, 2016

It was nearly 90 degrees here in GA today.  The last thing I'd want to wear is a long sleeve, full collared, synthetic fabric shirt?? in the colors I usually wear in Fall and Winter (Black, Navy, Red, Brown).The reason the Turq Medallion is selling so fast is b/c it's the only true Spring/Summer color offered.

I was hoping for a Summer relevant fashion item in bright, fun, season appropriate colors.  Instead, it is an office blouse in basic colors.  Disappointed.

***IF IT WERE a Boho/Peasant soft, flowing gauze top w/a bell sleeve and short or 3/4 sleeves in OPTIC WHITE and other Spring/Summer colors (Pinks, Aqua, Turquoise Coral, Green, Yellow, and token Black/Navy, etc.) w/a coordinating flowy mid-wide leg ankle pant and/or knee-length, flowy short (3 piece - shorts day - pants evening)...w/elastic waist that I could wear to Florida on vacation, or to picnics, luncheons, outings, date night, etc. it would have been a MULTIPLE PURCHASE for me, esp. with "buy more, save more" and/or easy pay.***

I do all my shopping on QVC.  I'm trying to refresh and update my wardrobe, b/c it's all mostly Fall/Winter clothes and colors.  The items I've purchased so far this season have arrived either with a heavy fabrication (along w/defective construction) that is just too hot for Georgia summers, or a fabrication so rubbery that when I lift or move my arms, the shoulders come up off my body (95/5...occasionally it works, but mostly not). For me, being overly hot or constantly pulling my top down is miserable and not an option.

I find myself wondering where the Hosts and Vendors/Guests got their cute legging jeans or trendy tops or flowy dresses from rather than rushing to buy the ordinary items they are selling.  Hmmm...

I know you can't please all the people, all the time, and that QVC does make a significant effort to appease their customers, but sometimes I feel like the "Lane Bryant" type of customers have the greatest influence, and yet, they're the ones who get their size for the same cost as an XXS.  Also, that QVC is becoming a bit "Old Fashioned" in most of their clothing lines.  Some is appropriate...mostly all...is another kind of shopping experience.  I want more than a stretchy revised version of a tee or Mom pants w/a rise that covers my ribcage (I don't mean hip-huggers, but belly-button area).  The variety is shrinking and the styles are getting frumpy.  jmho (just my humble opinion)

Well...Thank you for offering a "Suggestion Box" and listening to your customers.

Respected Contributor

Re: WHERE ARE THE CURRENT SPRING/SUMMER COLORS and STYLES?

As I've posted before, QVC is not really into clothing styles for hot weather.

Valued Contributor

QVC is beginning to show their "transition" line without actually announcing it.  I've seen transitional items showing up in major NYC department stores already, even though it's only the first couple of days in June, and there's plenty of disgustingly hot and humid weather to come.  Rushing the seasons?  Sure, but retail has done this forever.  "Summer" in the fashion industry is essentially over by Memorial Day.  If we haven't purchased our cotton and linen summer wardrobes in March-April, we're out of luck.  All that's left is picked over and marked down or already sold out.  

Honored Contributor

If your not into long sleeves, flannel and heavy wgt. clothes best go shop elsewhere. I'm so sick of boyfriend cardigans I could cry.

Time for coats any time now.

Valued Contributor

I have a relative that works at QVC, she said quite a number of items from China were delayed for a variety of reason and came in a few months late. I had noticed this odd assortment of fashion offerings over the past several months and asked her about it. That maybe why we have been seeing so many "new" items that just seem wrong for this time of year.