Honored Contributor

Vionic needs to make a true water-resistant whole shoe like the Alegria TSV. The Vionic clog will not really keep your foot dry in the rain, and many people need the added PF-specific insole that Vionic offers. I didn't buy the Alegria because it doesn't have enough support for me, but I'd definitely buy a pair of Vionic water-resistant closed shoes.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde  You jogged my mind.  I knew sometime this morning while I was mostly asleep but the TV was on, I heard Liam describing this shoe.  Took awhile to find it.

20160922_104610.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Thanks, @Kachina624.  I know they have that one, but I think it should be a shoe encompassing the whole foot and a tiny bit of ankle, not a clog, to actually keep the foot dry from rain, puddles, splashes, etc. I don't think that clog is made for heavier, longer-lasting rain. And Vionic clogs just do not fit my feet - one size falls off, another size is too snug - while their closed shoes *always* fit me well.

Honored Contributor

Is just using the Vionic insoles in another shoe/boot an option for you? 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde  Well, you could always buy the Vionic inserts and put them in whatever shoe you wish.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 and @jaxs mom, I have thought in the past of doing that, and was thinking about it with the TSV Alegrias, but firstly I don't feel that the Vionic removable inserts are as good support for me as those built into their shoes (I have a pair of the inserts), and secondly I wouldn't know what size to buy - size up or not - with taking out their insert (or not) and using/adding Vionic's. The Alegrias are expensive, add shipping and then add a likely return & re-buy, and I decided not.

It would be lovely to have well-fitting purpose-made Vionics, but I'm also investigating less expensive alternatives both QVC and Amazon sell. And where I live, it isn't going to rain ANYTIME soon!

Honored Contributor

Re: WATER-RESISTANT VIONIC

[ Edited ]

Ok. The only closed toe Vionics I have are tennis shoes and those have removable inserts in them. My other Vionics are sandals. I tend to think that inserts in the Alegria isn't going to work well. Because IIRC the ones they have are really thick. So you'd have to put the Vionic ones on top. I've looked at them at local stores. On the other hand maybe their standard footbed would work for you? I don't know. I don't own that brand. 

@Moonchilde

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom, everything I've read in the past, and what I read on a variety of sites this morning, says wearers don't feel that Alegrias have arch support as good as Vionics, and wearers have commented they don't have the cupped heel that plantar fasciitis sufferers need. I have seriously bad plantar fasciitis that I must cater to, so shoes that are comfortable and acceptable for those with more normal feet are usually not enough for me. I can't wear a range of comfortable shoes, I can wear Vionics, a few shoes with Birkenstock inserts (but Birkenstock shoes do not fit me), and maaaybe a pair of Earthies for a couple of hours now and then.