Honored Contributor

WAITLISTED ITEM STILL BEING AIRED

Why does QVC plus air items that have sold out and are on Waitlist only? The items are NOT AVAILABLE to purchase for guaranteed arrival. They were on Waitlist before QVC Plus ever aired them. IMO that segment should be cut out when aired recorded (not live) on QVC Plus.

With QVC's Waitlist record, and their record of even "guaranteed" foodstuffs not arriving (canceled w/o notifying customer, etc), I would never waitlist an item intended for a gift especially.

It seems both disingenuous and dishonest to continue advertising a product you don't have to sell, and don't know if you will have - and likely won't.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

Re: WAITLISTED ITEM STILL BEING AIRED

@Moonchilde wrote:

It seems both disingenuous and dishonest to continue advertising a product you don't have to sell, and don't know if you will have - and likely won't.

QVC is clear that the programming on QVC Plus is prerecorded and that the items may not be avilable.  When placing an order, customers are clearly notified that an item is Waitlisted.  So how is this :dishonest"?

If you choose to watch prerecorded proramming, then you risk an item being sold out. 

Honored Contributor

There must be a fairly certain expectation of the items being available on waitlist or they wouldn't do it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Seems to me I've seen Wen presentations on QVC that weren't sold out at the end of the presentation, but by the time they aired on QVCplus three hours later the inventory was effectively sold out.
Might that not happen with other items in the 3 hour gap as well?
Another thing that effects this is if I put something in my cart while I'm making up my mind its as good as sold unless and until I either buy it or take it out of my cart. I'm not certain about that, but I heard it from a show host.
Honored Contributor

@x Hedge  On QVC you can keep items in your cart for one hour, then they disappear.  On both Evine and HSN anyone can place an order and if the item is selling out, it will be removed from your cart and given to another buyer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

QVC is clear that the programming on QVC Plus is prerecorded and that the items may not be avilable.  When placing an order, customers are clearly notified that an item is Waitlisted.  So how is this :dishonest"?

If you choose to watch prerecorded proramming, then you risk an item being sold out. 

In this instance, the item was sold out almost immediately after it aired on QVC. There was at least a 2 hr gap, probably more, before it aired on QVC Plus.

Do you see a POINT to QVC wasting airtime on a product they *know* is sold out and people cannot buy? Do you see a POINT to routinely "selling" an item that QVC knows (and anyone who saw the original program also knows) is not available to purchase?

What would you say QVC is attempting to accomplish by doing this? What do they gain by doing it? 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

There must be a fairly certain expectation of the items being available on waitlist or they wouldn't do it.

Logically, one would think so. But with QVC's track record I wouldn't/couldn't bet on it for gifts. I could have done waitlist during the original airing, but decided I didn't want to take the chance.

I only even noticed they were doing this because I knew it was on waitlist from earlier and was double checking because some items do seem to flip-flop between sold out and then 2 hrs later not sold out. But it was in QVC Olus hours later, still waitlisted. They probably assume anyone watching QVC Plus wouldn't have a clue that it had been sold out for hours.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:
Seems to me I've seen Wen presentations on QVC that weren't sold out at the end of the presentation, but by the time they aired on QVCplus three hours later the inventory was effectively sold out.
Might that not happen with other items in the 3 hour gap as well?
Another thing that effects this is if I put something in my cart while I'm making up my mind its as good as sold unless and until I either buy it or take it out of my cart. I'm not certain about that, but I heard it from a show host.

In this case I was watching the original airing, went to order  just as they moved on to another item, and both ship dates were already on waitlist - at original airing time, not afterwards. Nothing at all was said about Waitlist during the original airing - as matter of fact a comment was made that there were 400 left of one date.