Honored Contributor

There should be a way to turn the mic down when the host or vendor is speaking too loudly. KP was on this morning with Philosophy and she is just way too loud and her voice is childlike. I finally turned the TV off and no sale.

Valued Contributor

As long as we're on the subject what really bugs me is when they sinnggggg at the end of the sentence.  Like....."lovvvve thissss" in a sing-y voice.  I know people who do this in real life, too.....really grates on me.  LOL

Super Contributor

Wow, I've been wanting to post about this for months. It seems when I'm watching the QVC main channel I often cannot hear the hosts or guests.l don't know if it is where they place the mic on them or not. Some of the hosts I particularly have a hard time. Sandra Bennet is the worse. I don't know if she is just a soft talker or her mike is not placed where you can hear her. I don't have a problem with hearing Alberti when they are hosting together so I assume it is Sandra. I use to have the same problem with Shawn but It seems to have gotten better recently. On the other had when you go from the main channel to QVC 2 it sounds like they are shouting. Why such a difference in channels?

Honored Contributor

Its not the hosts voices or that they are screaming.  Its the sound system.  Mikes to close to the mouth, not close enough, sound system too loud, not loud enough, or malfunctions of all kinds.

Now can we please get off this over worked complaint?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Its not the hosts voices or that they are screaming.  Its the sound system.  Mikes to close to the mouth, not close enough, sound system too loud, not loud enough, or malfunctions of all kinds.

---------------------

Apparently there are viewers that have that same complaint.  If it is just the sound system, I would think producers would have fixed it  by now......

Super Contributor

Re: Volume of hosts' voice

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Hippie,  Why chastize viewers that have an issue with the sound, I find it distracting when hosts shout when a stray thought comes into their head, very annoying and unprofessional, just like YOUR comment.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't understand the complaint about the channels being a different volumn.  I get all 3 channels and they are never a different volumn.  Maybe it is your provider you are getting service from.  

I agree with the screaming, but what irritates me is the speed talking.  I especially notice that at midnight.  I am sure they are trying to get us excited about the TSV.....Personally I am tired at that time of the night, and I tune in to see what the TSV is, but they get so hyper, I cannot watch it anymore.   Sometimes I wonder if they drink extra caffeine to stay awake.   

Get the caffeine out of the green room!