Valued Contributor

View of items defaults to video...

Thank you, QVC, for having a suggestions section.  

I do not care for the 'default to video' that happens when I click on an item to view it.  Unless there is a way I can personalize this to photo default, I had much prefer that QVC automaticallly default to photo.  I do not have the time, nor the desire to watch a video presetation for each item I consider.  A photo was the default for a very, very long time, but recently that has changed.  Dislike.  

Respected Contributor

Re: View of items defaults to video...

[ Edited ]

Thanks, @OkeyDoke for bringing this up again.  I find it extremely annoying.  Please QVC, can you make it default to the photos?  Please, please, please? 

Trusted Contributor

I found out that if you click a color selection, the picture overrides this, and the item will come up in the color that you've selected.

Honored Contributor

@susan kay wrote:

I found out that if you click a color selection, the picture overrides this, and the item will come up in the color that you've selected.

I do this also, but I sure wish they'd go back to the photo first and the video being optional.  Even when I've checked the appropriate box, it only holds for that item.  Minor annoyance, but an annoyance nevertheless.

Honored Contributor

This has been bought up numerous times. I led the charge few months ago, even.

Obviously, somebody at the top likes it this way, so, we mere folks who just do the buying opinions don't matter. At least on my pc the sound is 'X' ed out. LOL I don't get jarred before I can click on a color.

Trusted Contributor

@Krimpette, you can access every color selection just by clicking on that icon. 

Honored Contributor

@susan kay  I do realize that, and it's what I do.  I just wish they'd put it back to the way it was before, with the still picture coming up first and then you had the option for the video.

Trusted Contributor

@Krimpette, ok, got it.  I misunderstood your earlier post!

Valued Contributor

I would like to add that with Safari, I have selected the option "NOT" automatically play the video.  So...what do I see in the box?  "Sorry, but you need to update your version of flash..."  I'm not updating anything because all the other sites I visit default to photo.  ALL of them, QVC.  ALL.  It is pretty absurd, when you think about it.  Laugh?  Cry?  SMH?  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@OkeyDokey wrote:

I would like to add that with Safari, I have selected the option "NOT" automatically play the video.  So...what do I see in the box?  "Sorry, but you need to update your version of flash..."  I'm not updating anything because all the other sites I visit default to photo.  ALL of them, QVC.  ALL.  It is pretty absurd, when you think about it.  Laugh?  Cry?  SMH?  Smiley Very Happy

Exactly!  I have selected NOT to automatically see the video and it makes no difference.  I get the same thing about needing to update flash (which is a bunch of hooey, by the way).  So I don't get to see the video (nor do I want to).

I think most of us know we can click on a color to get rid of the annoying message (or the video if it actually plays for you), but why do we need to do that every time.  Please, QVC, just change the default to a photo instead of the video.