Esteemed Contributor

@new nickname 4 wrote:

I agree with wanting to see the vendors return, as I find the audio and video between the QVC studio and some of the vendors to be bad or off.  The audio is often sounding like the vendors are talking into a tin can, or it sometimes freezes. Even Gary (D & C, who has a better system), doesn't reply to Carolyn asking him a question, so I don't know if he isn't paying attention, or if he just didn't hear.  The colors are so much different on Logo, and since Logo can sometimes have dull colors, I would like to know which video color is most like the item I will receive if I order it.  I tried watching this weekend, but one of the vendors audio was breaking up, even the host acknowledge it.  I simply turned to another channel and didn't turn back.  I've read on QVC FB that if they return the prices would go higher because of the costs, but honestly, the prices are what people will pay.  If they want to sell products, they will price accordingly.

I can totally relate to that. LOGO has some ugly colors, dull coloring and the items look completely different when you get them home. 

Super Contributor

The rest of the world is pretty much back to normal for work, school and sports/extracurricular activities.  I thought QVC was behind on this a long time ago.  Quite evident that it is more of a cost saving measure than a virus issue. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Vendors Return!!!

[ Edited ]

Carolyn Gracie said this morning that the vendors are very slowly returning back to the studio.  The Cook's Essentials vendor, Chef Aaron McCargo, Jr., is not only back in the studio, she explained that he's just a few feet away from where she was hosting.  But the camera still uses a split screen for the presentations.

Regarding bringing more vendors back on set, Carolyn said, "there's a light at the end of the tunnel...as soon as it's safe to do so."

Chef McCargo has actually been presenting at the QVC studio for a while, but his set was far away from where the hosts were presenting. This morning he was right there fairly close to Carolyn. [But if you didn't hear her statement at the beginning of her show, you might not have caught that because of the split screen].  

Honored Contributor

A few vendors are back on JTV too. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Vendors Return!!!

[ Edited ]

Many vendors that require plane trips, hotel stays, etc will probably be in no hurry to return. Or even road trips with hthe cost of gas today, why be in the studio, especially if you are only give 5 minutes of air time. 

Honored Contributor

@DJP wrote:

I'm probably in the minority here, but I hope the vendors don't come back. There's enough chaos on the shows already. 

Agree and for most products a product rep is not really needed, if a host can't sell a i.e. storage box solo something is a miss

makes sense for computers or fancy beauty thing 

why do we need a host, and a rep for DMQ

Respected Contributor

Ridiculous. How much do you need to see or a tunic or an eteshadow? Who would ever pay for airfare, hotels, cabs, foid, etc for 5 mins on air.? Or drivev hours w the price of gas?

Crazy.

Honored Contributor

If the news channels have the technology to present anchors broadcasting from Ukraine with no sound delay, QVC can adapt that at some expense for their vendors.  That expense would be worth wiping out the air fare and hotel expenses.  Not even mentioning the health risks here.

Valued Contributor

Shelbelle said: Many vendors that require plane trips, hotel stays, etc will probably be in no hurry to return. Or even road trips with the cost of gas today, why be in the studio, especially if you are only 5 minutes of air time.

I doubt any of them want to return. It's always easier and cheaper for everyone, no matter who or what they do to work from home.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Visitor
I agree it would be nice to see some vendors back. I think that if they live in the PA area they should have the option to return into the studio. I feel like it's kind of useless to have these vendors explaining things in their house when I feel like the hosts do a perfect job and they don't really need them.