Valued Contributor

Years ago I do not recall vendor reps calling in or on air like today.  It was the QVC host who described the items.  I do not see much benefit to all of the calls unless it is a tool or electronic whatever.  Most items are kind of straight forward...color, fabric, size, etc.  all of the necessary information can be told by the QVC host and stop wasting our time with reps calling in.  Maybe more items could be presented instead of unnecessary chit chat.

Esteemed Contributor

That echo from the bottom of the world hollow sounding voice of the call-in vendor....sends me to the channel changer immediately.  Garbled - audio in and out - stutter.

Using this method is over-kill of the virus  (excuse)

Esteemed Contributor

ITA, the constant delays and talking over each other.... then they both stop talking!!!

Annoying, just let the host learn about the product and present it, it's not rocket science.

Honored Contributor

I'll say it again over and over...."Why don't they put something up on the screen where we can see the weird color names given to some of these clothes.

Instead of saying how many are left, they could put a small swatch of the item so we can figure out which color we want.

Some of the names of these items (color, design, etc) are so far from the color....well...it's almost laughable!

Sometimes the host is bla blaing that I find myself saying to the TV, "Show the outfit so I can at least figure out for myself what some fictitious name/color goes with a T-shirt, etc."

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

Yes!

And also gone are the days when the host or vendor would explain the colors, i.e. if there was a print with a navy or black background they would tell you which color it was because it's indiscernible on tv.  It makes a difference to me.  

And half of the hosts go through the colors with the items still jammed together on the rack instead of taking each off and showing it individually.  Although there are still a couple of hosts that will compare two or more items if the colors are similar so you can tell what the difference is.

But I really shouldn't complain since I rarely buy clothes from QVC anymore.  Partly because of the presentations and online descriptions, or lack thereof.😠

Honored Contributor

Other than black, white and denim .... I always have to come online and look at the colors.

Esteemed Contributor

I've noticed that too - on rack jammed together and (Carolyn famous for it) .....pulls out 2 inches of the shoulder of a top to show the color - and next and next.

Are they hiding something?  

It's their job to feature everything - so why the sloppy presentations?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Vendor rep calls

[ Edited ]

At least the vendors are not on stage with the host! Remember SG prancing around or another talking about "tushies" and on and on? At least with them calling in, we are no longer subjected to their idiotic personalities for the entire hour!

Years ago, the hosts KNEW each item and explained everything thoroughly. QVC needs to return to that format in order to build profits rather than play "glammar wanna-be stars" who seem to be uninformed and often inappropriate salespeople in many cases.

I do think most of the hosts appearance has improved dramatically during the Virus-19 while they have been doing their own make-up and hair! Hope that nice change continues in the future. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Re: Vendor rep calls

[ Edited ]

I dont like the CALLS either.....the stuff the vendor says  isnt anything the host couldnt relay....

Now I DID enjoy the shows from Valerie Parr Hill's home her video intertwined with Rick in the QVC studio and they both worked so well together to show different displays and talk about the items....it was NICELY done!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

I dont like the CALLS either.....the stuff the vendor says  isnt anything the host couldnt relay....

Now I DID enjoy the shows from Valerie Parr Hill's home her video intertwined with Rick in the QVC studio and they both worked together to show different displays and talk about the items....it was NICELY done!

@Spurt  I agree.  I'm not a big Rick fan, but the times I have seen him with Valerie, he has done a very good job.  He let's her talk and doesn't act like he knows it all.  They work very well together.