New Contributor

I agree with the others that some of the hosts talk too much and Valerie doesn't get a chance to describe the items or show placement ideas.  And it seems Jennifer is put with Valerie alot now and she is one who does this.  Could we please have a different host?

Super Contributor

I happen to like Jen with Val....Jen stays focused and they move along nicely....

Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill

[ Edited ]

As I see it, Valerie is into describing the items and how they can be used.  Hosts are into selling, some much more than others. Two different sales styles. 

I prefer showing the item and a few ideas how to use it.  If a product is nice enough, it should sell itself.  

IMO, sometimes, these two styles clash.   

Trusted Contributor

I prefer Rick the most with Valerie.  I think their personalities are perfect together.

Contributor

If you wish to see how Valarie styles her items you can watch her presentations of her upcoming items a day to two days prior to being on the Q and she also shares items numbers on her FaceBook page as well.  Since most of her items sell out while on air at the Q, then I do not believe the host makes a difference.  The items sell themselves along with Valarie's sweet smile.  Just saying....the host does not make a difference with anything that is Valarie Par Hill.  In case you might be thinking that i am employee of Valarie Par Hill...no I am not.

Honored Contributor

I agree with another poster....Rick is the best with Valerie.

Valued Contributor

ILIKE RICK BETTER

Super Contributor

I do like Rick with Valerie.  I also love it when Jane Brown hosts Valerie's show.  Not a fan of Jen or Jane Treacy - too chatty and they take over the program.  I want to hear Valerie describe her items and how to best use them in my home.  Unfortunately I think Jen is with her again soon, I will just check online.

Esteemed Contributor

I think the hosts are getting pressured all the time by whoever is in the control room.

They are most likely constantly telling them to move along, let's go, there is no one on hold.....etc etc.    I try to cut them some slack.

Respected Contributor

It's not just VPH shows, it's ANY show IMO.  The hosts hardly let the vendor get a word in.  Some are worse than others.  I like David and find him the most professional.  Sure he talks a lot but lets the vendors explain their items when he turns it over to them.