Honored Contributor

I just checked the page for yesterday's TSV to see if another color is available. There are 20 reviews. It looks like one of the twenty was written by someone who might have actually received the item.

Here's my suggestion:

PLEASE don't post reviews unless the reviewer has actually RECEIVED the item! Why do you ask us if we have received it if you're not going to do anything with that information? Someone actually rated this T-shirt a "one" without receiving it!

This is unfair to the vendor, and it certainly doesn't help us!  Smiley Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

QVC should only post reviews by verified purchasers. They need a new IT dept that can program to verify.  My goodness Amazon gets more reviews in an hour than Q gets in a week and they display "verified purchaser" It's so unfair to the vendors as many look at the stars on the product page only and don't bother to read.

Honored Contributor

I just read them. That's pretty creepy.

Basically its like people scamming the system and no one is watching.

But I'm not surprised because this website is not given much attention.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

HSN verifies that you have actually purchased the product. If you try and post a review and you did not purchase the item, it tells you that you haven't purchased the item and cannot review it. Why can't QVC do that? I rely on reviews.  If something has less than 4 stars, I will not purchase the item.

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom  - Unfortunately, some people who have purchased the item leave a  One-Star review that has nothing to do with the item, but about poor packaging, poor delivery, even stating that they ordered the wrong shade. What does any of that have to do with product? 

Not only does the Review need to be from a "purchaser," but guidelines about reviewing the actual product. It seems like common sense, but some people can't figure it out. 

I also think it would be very helpful if Reviewers would state that the size for clothing/shoes was ordered in their regular size, or if they needed to size up/down.  So many just say, 'beautiful', fits great, nice color. You can't always go by what size the manufacturer says in the description, e.g., "True to size". I went by that once (shoes) and it was Not 'true to size'.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

@Mimi 1883 You are so right!   I think it should be required to put your height and weight to be helpful to others.  No one knows who you are so who cares?   I always try to put that information and state the exact things you mentioned such as true to size, etc.  Most of the reviews are useless and telling us what you are wearing it with, for petes sake!!  Again useless information!!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@Mimi 1883 You are so right!   I think it should be required to put your height and weight to be helpful to others.  No one knows who you are so who cares?   I always try to put that information and state the exact things you mentioned such as true to size, etc.  Most of the reviews are useless and telling us what you are wearing it with, for petes sake!!  Again useless information!!

@LindaSal - True, no one knows who the reviewer is. For me, it's just about 'ordered my normal size and it fits perfectly', or 'had to size up because it does run small'...just something more to help out those who are hesitant to order and are looking for sizing information from those who had purchased the item.

Hope you have a nice day! 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Super Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I just checked the page for yesterday's TSV to see if another color is available. There are 20 reviews. It looks like one of the twenty was written by someone who might have actually received the item.

Here's my suggestion:

PLEASE don't post reviews unless the reviewer has actually RECEIVED the item! Why do you ask us if we have received it if you're not going to do anything with that information? Someone actually rated this T-shirt a "one" without receiving it!

This is unfair to the vendor, and it certainly doesn't help us!  Smiley Frustrated

And there is a bunch of 5 star reviews just because they are defending Candace Cameron Bure. The reviews like that need to be taken down so they can help those of us who actually read reviews to make informed decisions.

Honored Contributor

Somewhat common complaint here.

QVC approves every review before it's posted, so since nothing has been done about it so far, don't expect changes now.

After reading those reviews, I can see how QVC gleaned a lot of consumer information from them.  Possibly, the reason why they are posted.  

I don't base my decision on ratings. Instead, I read the reviews starting with the lowest.  Skip over those that don't apply to me.  

As someone who reviews most of my purchases, it's more annoying to see my reviews were not helpful when I consider myself to be very thorough. 

Reviewers are not professionals who might think of everything someone might want to know.  We don't read minds.  I'd like to see readers be more considerate, but gave up on that long ago.  

Trusted Contributor

@Mimi 1883 

I agree with your first point completely. It's hard enough to trust reviews without wondering if the person actually has the item. Would you allow reviews by those who receive something as a gift? That's a bit sticky.

Your second point is more difficult. It's a good suggestion for reviewers, but I personally would not post a review that required me to give out that kind of information. I know we use screen names here, but the information is still associated with our account and our IP, and is no doubt harvested by others.