Honored Contributor

Uncover the blouse being shown

On this mornings Logo show A288876 was being shown.  However the stylists put a necklace and a shoulder bag on the model and her long hair was below the shoulders.  

You could not see the neckline of the blouse being shown at all.

Maybe a suggestion to the proper folks in charge would be helpful in correcting  this ongoing problem.  

Thank you.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Re: Uncover the blouse being shown

I agree.  I find it annoying when I'm really interested in a particular top and in the presentation the neckline is covered by a scarf, large necklace or hair.....I want to see how the neckline looks!!!

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 .........the neckline of the blouse was completely covered by the huge necklace.  Granted the picture shows the neckline but I would have liked to have seen it on a live model.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

@Imaoldhippie  I couldn't agree with you more!!  I had started a thread recently about the models' hair covering up the shoulders details of tops as well.  I think the goal is to sell as many items as possible during a fashion show - hence the handbag & necklace.  

Respected Contributor

When they do this, I think there must be something wrong with the top.  Maybe the neckline doesn't like flat, or something.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie   Another idea would be to use a hanging half mannequin bust (or one that rests on a table/pedestal) such as those you see in a department store display so you can view the neckline and placket details.

Trusted Contributor

They want to reduce returns, but you can't truly view the item.  What about when they put a cardigan or denim jacket over something they are selling?!  

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@haddon9 .........the neckline of the blouse was completely covered by the huge necklace.  Granted the picture shows the neckline but I would have liked to have seen it on a live model.

@Imaoldhippie  EXACTLY!

Plus I would like to add....I wish they would show a side view more often.  Sometimes tops that look flattering from the front don't from a side view on certain body types.  They rarely show a side view except when turning to show the back quickly.

Honored Contributor

Please let us see what we are buying. Stop covering tops with jackets. Show us close ups of  entire garments, fabrics and the backs of the garments. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

And don't roll up the sleeves or push them back on sweaters and jackets!