Honored Contributor

Looks like my mail box, we complained several times to our post mistress and she said she'd take care of it. At holiday time I had two jewelry items that the Q sent out in envelopes , stolen from our mail box. The thief ripped open the envelopes and took the items and put the envelopes back in the mail box. The post mistress said she couldn't do anything about it, I filed a report with the State Police because we don't have a police force in my town.Thank goodness the Q replaced the jewelry at no charge to me, but I knew they would not do that again. We now have a post office box and now it is on them.

Honored Contributor
I shop online all the time. Biggest problem now is the growing trend of the seller initiating the order with UPS, then passing it to USPS for delivery, where it goes into a black hole of some kind. We get our mail some days at 8 pm...other days, 5 pm or not at all. If QVC and others took more care and didn’t wad up clothing and other items in flimsy plastic bags, they couldn’t be shoved into mailboxes where they emerge a wrinkled mess, or are so big they don’t let the mailbox door close securely. Plenty of blame to go around.
Honored Contributor
We learned that our local post office is a training facility...a different delivery person every two weeks or so....ongoing issues. Others have them also, so don’t assume USPS is stellar for everyone.
Honored Contributor

Re: USPS is not Dependable

[ Edited ]

FedEx delivered a box of six large Yankee candles delivered upside down in the triple-digit heat. The “this side up” with huge arrows don’t seem to mean much anymore. Now they don’t even have the arrows on the boxes. You never can be sure anything is going to arrive in good condiction, no matter who delivers it. 

Valued Contributor

Re: USPS is not Dependable For Me

Usps is useless if there is a problem.  They lost a Ripka ring somewhere in Swedesboro ,NJ and tracking tells nothing other than it remains in limbo.  Requesting delivery details also told nothing.  QVC did refund my money but I would rather have the ring.

Contributor

Re: USPS is not Dependable For Me

USPS is not good for large packages - especially if one lives in a gated community with limited space community mailboxes.  I would think that the QVC packaging department would ship larger packages via ground delivery to the door.  Otherwise, I have no problem with USPS, UPS, or FedEx as long as the packages are delivered with appropriate shipping methods as to size.