Frequent Contributor

At least your pkg. makes it to the stoop.  My pkgs. just barely make it to the front lawn. I found my order yesterday where the grass meets the sidewalk close to the street.  Some of the drivers the company hires just are not dependable...Just want the pay check.,.  Companies should follow up on to see how they deliver packages to cusotmers.  Follow them for one day.  Eye opening...

Honored Contributor

How big was the box?  Maybe the carrier couldn't fit it in.  It's their job to deliver it.  If you have bad neighbors call the police or PO.  It's a federal offense to steal mail.  UPS or Fed Ex just leave it on the porch so that's not any better.  Maybe pony express???

Trusted Contributor

Mail thefts are a huge problem here.  We have a locking mailbox and a fenced yard (2 Yorkies make the fence necessary.)  No matter who delivers, they can put packages over the fence and out of reach of porch pirates.  USPS is much slower, in my opinion, than the other services and sloppier about delivery.

Consider getting a locking mailbox.  It's worth the money.

Respected Contributor

I had a mailbox stolen  about 8 years ago and when I called all they asked is when are you going to get a new one up ? I said isn't this worth being looked into as a Federal offense.  They could have cared less.

Super Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@10000thnickname.  You need to take your complaint up with your local post master, not QVC.  You've obviously got a carrier who doesn't give a darn.....or someone else has checked out your mailbox and left it open.

Oh this isnt' the first time. And our Representive in DC has even taken it up with them.
Our postmaster has an attitude and won't change anything. So the workers don't care.

I'm trying to show QVC that I wish we had a CHOICE of method of delivery. 

Super Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@10000thnicknameMaking a blanket stement like yours is a turn-off for me.

USPS in my areas (yes, I have 2 during different seasons) has been reliable and timely, too.

It's the same with the general shipping issues with QVC -  for some reason, my orders are arriving just as they have for at least the last 15 years -  before that, delivery took much longer.  And that was when QVC was perfect in so many minds!  NOT really.

Esteemed Contributor

@10000thnickname,  USPS, just like UPS and FedEx, has a FREE program that you can sign up for that will allow you to be notified when you have a package coming and when it has been delivered among other options.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Super Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

How big was the box?  Maybe the carrier couldn't fit it in.  It's their job to deliver it.  If you have bad neighbors call the police or PO.  It's a federal offense to steal mail.  UPS or Fed Ex just leave it on the porch so that's not any better.  Maybe pony express???

The box is in the behind the stuff mail. It wasn't big.
I have great neighbors. But people do drive by at night and see a mailbox open with papers sticking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UPS has always been okay for me. I am older with cancer so I can get pkgs off the porch easily. My box is at the street. They won' tdeliver mail to the house here as long as they can get it in the box.

Super Contributor

Not available here.

@Marp wrote:

@10000thnickname,  USPS, just like UPS and FedEx, has a FREE program that you can sign up for that will allow you to be notified when you have a package coming and when it has been delivered among other options.

Contributor

Mail theft has become very common in all areas. You may want to consider an alternative - if one is in your area, a box at the Brown Store works nicely. It provides a street address, so packages are deliverable (unlike a PO box), and they are kept safely inside the building. The price varies upon the box size, but they are reasonable, and accessible 24/7 (packages too large to fit in the box do need to be picked up during their business hours).