Honored Contributor

Re: UPS does no deliver perishable food on time, as originally scheduled!

i received my Palermo desserts the other day (the ones that were presented much earlier in the year).  They arrived on time and still with plenty of dry ice in the packet.  (And they look soooo scrumptious!!!!!)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I order a lot of online food and the dry ice pkg. is always melted which the vendor tells you will happen.  But the food remains frozen.

I have only had one bad experience and that was last year.  I ordered the 'Colossal Crab Cakes' from QVC - can't remember the vendor name.  No one bothered to put the dry ice in the box and they arrived defrosted and warm.  Of course, I received a refund.  

The carelessness of the packager was annoying. Not QVC's fault.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Snicks you are 100% incorrect in your as*sumption and reply.

My neighbor is very estute and always makes it a point to xerox everything regarding any delivery which is food related, so what occurred to him cannot be disputed.

He also had to personally sign for the U.P.S. perishable food which was originally scheduled for an 11 am delivery by U.P.S., but the U.P.S. Exception ocurred, and his package of perishable food remained detained over night at the U.P.S. Depot, with no weather related changes which could have affected the original delivery time.

Nevertheless the perishable food finally arrived on the next business day, but not at the ususal 11 am delivery time  for which UPS is known to make a 1 time daily delivery in that area, and my neighbor did receive other U.P.S. packages on the original date the item was supposed to be delivered, and on the next business day the item should have been delivered.

Instead it arrived well after 6:00 pm the following day in the evening, and arrived only after he called U.P.S. again and again complained, especially since it was a Consumer concern over a detained perishable food item, which was very costly.

Evidently the Company he purchased from requested his personal signature upon delivery since the food item was a perishable item, and quite expensive.

He did receive a full credit refund back to his  original method of payment after he notified the Company and they tracked the U.P.S.delivery, and saw how long the food was detained by U.P.S.

So snicks as you can now fully understand from my entailed reply back to you that you should not place blame on someone else, especially when you do not personally know that person, or know all of the related U.P.S. facts. (Also it is always best to get all the correct facts next time, well before you jump the gun  snicks and publicly accuse an innocent person, of trying to pull a fast one).

Honored Contributor

Was this Redman?