Respected Contributor

Turning comments off of posts.

I'd like it if a poster could turn the comments off of his/her own posts(like you can do on Facebook.) The way it is you have to ask a moderator. I think it would be better if a poster could do it themselves. Many times they get out of hand with comments.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

Re: Turning comments off of posts.

@Starpolisher Since the mods have stated we will never again have the option to Ignore Poster, I doubt 100% that the kind of function you mention will ever be implemented.

Honored Contributor

I think they said the forums were bought as a package or some such think. QVC didn't make them and are not able to change anything. I probably phrased this all wrong but the bottom line is they can't change it.

Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

I'd like it if a poster could turn the comments off of his/her own posts(like you can do on Facebook.) The way it is you have to ask a moderator. I think it would be better if a poster could do it themselves. Many times they get out of hand with comments.

@Starpolisher This is a discussion forum.  It is not facebook.  It is for discussion, facebook is for people who want to tell others about their lives.

This board and facebook are different mediums for different purposes.  Here, we can expect to agree and disagree and share likes and dislikes.  We are asking for opinions, not just promoting our fabulous lives as on facebook.  

Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

I'd like it if a poster could turn the comments off of his/her own posts(like you can do on Facebook.) The way it is you have to ask a moderator. I think it would be better if a poster could do it themselves. 

@Starpolisher 

I ask moderators to remove the entire thread when it becomes negative.  It may not even have anything to do with the content of the thread.  It's more someone says something, others respond to that person instead of what I said.  

I'd like to remove certain comments instead, but I think only the OP should be allowed to do that.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@Starpolisher 

I ask moderators to remove the entire thread when it becomes negative.  It may not even have anything to do with the content of the thread.  It's more someone says something, others respond to that person instead of what I said.  

I'd like to remove certain comments instead, but I think only the OP should be allowed to do that.  

Which leads to complaints that the mods are overly aggressive in removing threads when in fact it is the OP's not liking the way the thread is going.  Smacks of you're not agreeing with me so I'm taking my ball and going home.

Allowing posters, OP or responders, to be able to remove posts they don't like would go a long way in getting these boards shut down quickly and permanently.  It would make the last "board war" look like a walk in the park.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.