Esteemed Contributor

Seems to me instead of having to watch  several TSV presentations to hear all the info abt the product one needs to make an informed purchase esp on an expensive item . Why don't they just let the  product Rep tape one showing providing all the info , instead all all the ridiculous  business of seeing some lady  mix 3  cake mix batches in one bowl . Okay we get it , a big bowl , why waste all the eggs, milk ect  all day long several times a day and why do customers have to  watch numerous times out of the day to get the facts .

TSV time allotments ridiculous

Honored Contributor

The majority of QVC watches do not spend all day watching.  People tune in for a few minutes at a time all day long.

The items are presented so that everyone, no matter what time they tune in can see the TSV and other items.

QVC is not an entertainment channel.  They are in business to sell.  Many people watch all day, but buy little or nothing.

If you know you really are not going to buy a mixer, I don't understand why you still watch the presentations.  

Some watchers and posters need a different hobby.  

Honored Contributor

Not only too long, but too often.  

I don't normally watch the shopping channels all day long, but I do sometimes turn it there and leave it for background and I do sometimes like to watch ITKWD.  However, when they present the TSV multiple times during the show and then again right after the show is over, it's a bit of overkill.  My husband walked in and said "AGAIN?".  

But, QVC isn't the only one.   I had actually changed over to HSN and I'm not sure if it was one long presentation or two back to back presentations of the TSV and the other Lancome special holiday kit you could get.  It's getting as bad as all those watches on the other channel I don't watch so I can't remember if it's ShopHQ or ShopLC.

Valued Contributor

If I see it once and don't want it, the next 30 times aren't going to make me change my mind. Enough already.

Honored Contributor

@Magicrat wrote:

If I see it once and don't want it, the next 30 times aren't going to make me change my mind. Enough already.

Also, if you see it once and don't want it, don't watch and let those who are interested and do buy it learn about it!  More items are bought by those who just randomly  watch off and on. 

The idea is sales and it must work!!!  Enough of the complaining already!!! 

Valued Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@Magicrat wrote:

Also, if you see it once and don't want it, don't watch and let those who are interested and do buy it learn about it!  More items are bought by those who just randomly  watch off and on. 

The idea is sales and it must work!!!  Enough of the complaining already!!! 

Am I missing something? The amount ot tv I watch has a direct impact on how much you watch? You can still watch it and learn all about it even if I have 1000 tvs playing and watching what you are watching.......this is kind of a messed up argument !

Valued Contributor

@Pook Ok.  From now on I'll check with you for your approval on what I watch and don't watch. NOT!