Honored Contributor

Re: Trade Leah for Rick in jewelry presentations

I love Rick on jewelry shows. I love Leah doing fashions.  No need to change, IMHO.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Why Rick and not Leah?

Rick is great at selling jewelry.  He generates excitement for each item, and keeps things moving smoothly.  He is also quick on his feet when there are adjustments or changes to be made. He can take a phone call, interact with the vendor, and still show all aspects of the jewelry.  

Leah is a good host, I like her.  But have you ever seen her present jewelry?  I have, a total of four times.  Each time I thought Leah would totally lose it, rather than continue on with the presentations.  She gets extremely flustered presenting jewelry.  She could not finish a sentence, and I always ended up not knowing a lot about the jewelry.  Also, for some reason, she always re-arranges the jewelry displays, thinking she is making them better.  So you wait, and uncomfortably wait some more, while she only makes the presentation a total train wreck.  No, Leah should never sell jewelry, even with her beautiful hands.

@Caaareful Shopper, you know I agree with you.  We have discussed the debacle with the presentation of those bracelets that one time where we both thought Leah was going to throw everything off the table and leave the set.  LOL

If she is presenting say one ring in one stone choice only or one bracelet, she might be okay.  But give her bracelets in a choice of colors and/or lengths or a choice of hoop earrings?  Look out.  It's gonna be a mess.

As an aside, Leah was hosting PMStyle on Q2 last night. 

Super Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

I don't watch Rick.  He us just to hyper for me.

I agree @grandma r.  He is a bit more subdued in jewelry presentations, so I do enjoy him with those.

Respected Contributor

I saw Leah present hoop earrings during AM Style one morning. It was a choice of colors and sizes and Leah kept rearranging the displays over and over while trying to go over the colors & sizes. It was a hot mess. She had me dizzy by the time the presentation was over. She was so flustered. No, Leah is not a good choice for presenting jewelry. 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I cannot watch Courtney K. She is just too fake for me.