Esteemed Contributor

Re: Trade Leah for Rick in jewelry presentations

I was looking forward to watching Rick this evening, but now I see he's got a sidekick-- Courtney K.  I get so distracted by her hair.  😂

I guess there's a host for all of us. I personally enjoy both Leah and Rick.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I recall correctly, Leah presented jewelry in her early days. I enjoyed her then, but I have become accustomed to, and LOVE the fine job she does presenting fashions. She's so beautiful and classy, and is one of my favorite hosts. Rick can sell just about anything, and I would still watch. I enjoy his sense of humor that much, and his high energy presentations. 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

Good grief. . .they've had Courtney show the first few items for the first 15 minutes of the show.  If they're going to have two hosts, it would be nice if they alternated.  I actually tuned in to watch Rick and he was only in the intro so far.  #disappointed

Regular Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

Good grief. . .they've had Courtney show the first few items for the first 15 minutes of the show.  If they're going to have two hosts, it would be nice if they alternated.  I actually tuned in to watch Rick and he was only in the intro so far.  #disappointed

Not a fan of either one. 

Respected Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

If I recall correctly, Leah presented jewelry in her early days. I enjoyed her then, but I have become accustomed to, and LOVE the fine job she does presenting fashions. She's so beautiful and classy, and is one of my favorite hosts. Rick can sell just about anything, and I would still watch. I enjoy his sense of humor that much, and his high energy presentations. 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Yes I remember Leah presenting jewelry also. She did a great job but does not do it at all now, not sure if it is by choice.

Esteemed Contributor

I feel a Courtney K. overload these past few months with QVC......almost every time i turn on the TV she is hosting or co hosting....................a bit much considering they have so many hosts employed there these days...

But i do enjoy Rick doing the jewelry presentations....

Esteemed Contributor

I am the minority here but I cannot watch Rick present anything,  He is so hyper and over the top he actually makes me nervious.  

Honored Contributor

Why Rick and not Leah?

Rick is great at selling jewelry.  He generates excitement for each item, and keeps things moving smoothly.  He is also quick on his feet when there are adjustments or changes to be made. He can take a phone call, interact with the vendor, and still show all aspects of the jewelry.  

Leah is a good host, I like her.  But have you ever seen her present jewelry?  I have, a total of four times.  Each time I thought Leah would totally lose it, rather than continue on with the presentations.  She gets extremely flustered presenting jewelry.  She could not finish a sentence, and I always ended up not knowing a lot about the jewelry.  Also, for some reason, she always re-arranges the jewelry displays, thinking she is making them better.  So you wait, and uncomfortably wait some more, while she only makes the presentation a total train wreck.  No, Leah should never sell jewelry, even with her beautiful hands.

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles - I haven't been here as long as some of you, so I don't remember Leah presenting jewelry. I enjoy watching Rick present jewelry. And I completely agree with everything you said! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Long time QVC shoppers/viewers will recall that for the first 15 years of QVC jewelry shows were a staple of the network.  Rick and Leah same as every other host from the onset of the network until the early 2000s usually ended up doing at least one jewelry show a week.  Unless it was a special themed day there were jewelry hours every day on QVC. During this period there seemed to be a jewelry TSV at least once a week.  There was also some jewelry which had weekly 1-hr. shows and once a month the weekly shows got a 4-hr. extravaganza (Silver Style, Gold Rush and Discover Diamonque).