Trusted Contributor

Could it be an expense issue? The more flexibility (meaning stretchy fabrics), the fewer returns because of fit. Like they are always bragging about the liquid knit pants, you can vary a size up or down. If the items were tailored correctly, I think the clothing returns would increase.

Plus, of course, the vanity sizing. 

The hosts definitely like close-fitting items. I know when I was on camera a lot, I learned quickly that baggy clothing was not my friend.

Respected Contributor

@Squirrels Are Trash wrote:

Could it be an expense issue? The more flexibility (meaning stretchy fabrics), the fewer returns because of fit. Like they are always bragging about the liquid knit pants, you can vary a size up or down. If the items were tailored correctly, I think the clothing returns would increase.

Plus, of course, the vanity sizing. 

The hosts definitely like close-fitting items. I know when I was on camera a lot, I learned quickly that baggy clothing was not my friend.

You do have a good point concerning the flexibility of the fabrics.  If a person gains or loses a few pounds the clothes don't have to be altered because the material stretches.

Respected Contributor

When the buttons on a jacket or cardigan and don't come close to meeting in the front, the jacket or cardigan is too small. Telling what size the model is wearing isn't useful info when it doesn't fit in the first place.

Respected Contributor

SK is a chronic offender of wearing clothing too tight, especially tops, jackets, etc. Chelsea wore a very tight-fitting top on ITKWD yesterday...it made her look overweight.

Esteemed Contributor

I don’t think it’s that complicated. We all know our bodies. If we are similar in size to a host, and the fit is tight on them. Size up.  

We don’t get to decide how someone else likes to wear their clothing.

Super Contributor

All I know is that Jane Tracy is not a small.

Honored Contributor

Because it's what they do and they have been doing that for several years now.  Not with ALL hosts and models but with many.  We don't know why.  We can guess or just make something up but we don't know why.  I don't even care.  I buy to fit my body and only my body.  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

Everyone has different tastes and wears their clothing the way they want. The rest is none of anyone's business.

On the flip side, Q (like every other on air shopping) might not have all sizes or enough of one size available. It's still no one's business. 

The complaints on the forums get more ridiculous by the day.

@CalminHeart 

This is about a online and on-air retailer that sells thousands of garments every month.  If they can't even put the models and hosts in a size that works for them, and viewers continually pass on a purchase, that affects the bottom line and should be management's business.  

Do you really think they keep enough of each item in the studio so everyone can have the correct size? Even if models and hosts can change on a dime?   Blah blah blah about the bottom line. It also costs to ship and keep a lot of clothes in the studio. 

Bottom line is that I don't care. 

Respected Contributor

After working for over 50 years and needing to wear jackets, I realize that I apparently had been wearing them wrong. I don't have to wear them any longer but most every one I see on QVC is too small to close. I've noticed that women aren't as self conscious as I because they seem to like the skin tight look. I never had a tummy until I reached my 70s but something always looks off when I see someone with their clothing stretched over a tummy bump. It's not just with QVC, I've also noticed they don't try to hide anything anywhere.

Honored Contributor

Alberti's jeans are too tight. Tops, he wears too short.