Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

We really don't know who reads these boards do we?

Why is there a "Suggestion Box"?  Surely not to give suggestions to each other.

Boards are moderated and there is a CS response team that is wonderful.  Surely reports are generated about the issues they deal with.

There are companies hired by large customer focused companies to gather data from all customer touch points and roll up data to management, maybe Q does that too.

Who knows, just maybe  a one time poster is a corporate spy 😂

I find it fun to speculate because unless one is a QVC senior manager decision maker we just don't know.

@mspatmac    Have you ever seen one suggestion or idea posted by a board member that was actually implemented?  I haven't.  We have no reason to believe anybody other than us customers ever reads this board.

FYI the board moderators are the CS response team.  Same people.

It's too bad QVC doesn't use this ready-made customer survey to its fullest.  Sadly, it doesn't seem to occur to them to use it at all.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@beachgal50 

Looks like you're fairly new here, so Welcome.

Your complaints are commonly expressed by other Forum members. Nothing has been done.  In fact, I think it has gotten worse.  

Unfortunately, we found no one from QVC who has influence to make changes reads anything here in the Forum.  If suggestions and complaints are sent to them, they are ignored or have no intentions of making changes.  

I have no idea why this Forum was established because it doesn't appear QVC is interested in what we say.  

You can try Feedback at the bottom of the page, but I doubt that works either.  Sending a letter to the Qurate CEO appears to be the only option, but unless more people with the same complaints do so, I think it falls on deaf ears.

Sounds hopeless, yes, I feel that way.  We just want QVC to do better, not trying to be malicious or appear as chronic complainers.  You can either put up with it, shop online, or shop elsewhere.  

@Foxxee    You said about the same as I from the onset.  I doubt she wants to hear from you (or anybody else) either.

Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

IMHO the Q group pays A LOT of attention to this board because this is the only place that they can check how much you actually spend/buy as opposed to other forums where you have a different name and are a ?. Here they can check and see if you really like something AND purchase it. Much needed info to a retailer. I also think they DO read this forum because when I posted that I am a loooong time customer who never got any coupons etc and bingo within a few months I got 2 different $10 credits to my account. Just got another one the other day as a $10 "anniversary with Q" credit which I used immediately. So I DO BELIEVE the powers that be read and check out who's a good customer and THEN they listen to you. Money talks. Why would they spend to support a verified customer board to not USE the info? No way.So please stop telling people that Q doesn't listen to this board. I am proof they do.

@silkyk    With all the statistical data available to them, surely you don't think Q management depends on this board for their information?  They can have a computer check accounts and get all the information they need practically instantly.   They are most likely to send incentives to poor customers to encourage buying, not to those is us who shop like crazy and I'm proof you're wrong.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@beachgal50 wrote:

Thank you.

I have done that. I am sure many others will value your provision of the Quarate Corporate address, etc.

The return correspondence I received from Corporate stated that the Blogs and Forums WERE monitored and read within the Qurate Group to improve customer service and programming. I was also welcomed to post there.

@beachgal50 

That is vague corporate speak just to appease you.

"monitored and read within the Qurate Group."

No mention of who is reading and monitoring?

It sounds like it came from the CEO's secretary, a statement referring to moderators who do read and monitor what is said here, but have no influence to make changes.  Even if they sent complaints and suggestions to someone at QVC who does have influence, no changes have been made.  

Did the letter also say they take your suggestions seriously and will look at them to improve the overall quality of customers' buying experience?  

I'll be the first to congratulate you if we see QVC making the changes you requested.  

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee I have had success with two suggestions.

First, I emailed QVC in spring 2006 that their picture-in-picture TSV countdown everynight at 11:59pm was too small and I would like them to enlarge the inset picture. Within a day or two it was enlarged.

Second and most notably, Mikey and Tammie cancelled all jewelry events on QVC in 2016. Customers were livid. We know that many customers emailed QVC and this board's threads from such cancellations were mentioned on-air and attained many pages. QVC brought back all jewelry events in 2017 and repeatedly stated that "you asked and we listened." We all know who the ringleader of that campaign was. This success was shortlived: they are doing a very poor job of listening to their jewelry customers as of late.

QVC changes their programming against customers' wishes on purpose and out of spite to show who is boss. They will run the company into the ground before they admit that they are wrong about anything. When Segel, Diller and Briggs were in charge they listened to customers. They haven't been listening for a long time now.

Respected Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

Just got another one the other day as a $10 "anniversary with Q" credit which I used immediately. So I DO BELIEVE the powers that be read and check out who's a good customer and THEN they listen to you..

I'm just weeks away from my 30th anniversary. I better get one three!

Trusted Contributor

So basically @silkyk you believe they were able to track down who you are from your screen name, and go back and match it to an "account" and single you out for a coupon?  For real?  Uh no.  First off how are they going to know who you are from your "screen name"?  Many people have changed theirs, had the system change theirs and it would be a near impossible time wasting task to go through these boards and single out a special person for a "coupon".  Was it a random coincidence-yeah that's a more likely scenario.  Do they listen? Eh...they re-instated the boards but that was after a boatload of some SERIOUS griping and angry feedback and the knowledge that other boards had been set up and they were actually losing people.  Do I think they would change their programming due to one post?  No I don't.  

Honored Contributor

Re: To the Qurated Group

[ Edited ]

@eadu4   The board cancellation postponement was the result of a barrage of emails from us, not what was posted here.  There were so many, the CEO changed his address so we could no longer contact him.

Super Contributor

Don't think it's any harm to vent a little. As another person said, you never know--there may be someone from the company just reading these various posts. As long as it's not threats, then no harm in giving your opinion.

I do agree with another person that I think the OP is complaining about the hosts who go on and on and on about their personal lives instead of presenting the product. I don't mind a fun personality, a sunny disposition, or even if the host says he/she owns this product and this is why he/she loves the product. I wouldn't even mind this scenerio: "My daughter would love this jacket. My daughter loves the casual, vintage look. It that's your style, this jacket is for you." A little something like that is no bother. Bottom line--the hosts should focus on the product and why the customer should buy it. If the hosts want to spend over half of the presentation talking about themselves, they can call friends/family after work and blab away. Cat Very Happy

QVC Customer Care