Regular Contributor

Re: To much kissing on hosts part

I have joked with a friend of mine that I would never make it as a QVC host, as I would be there rolling my eyes before I even remotely considered participating in the phoney kissy kissy, hug hug nonsense.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A couple months ago, several started exchanging "I love yous" with the vendors.  The kiss kiss was riduculous but to exchange "love yous" borders on the insane.  Very poor taste.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

As long as they are not kissing you don’t worry about it!!! .... there are so many other things to get upset about .... take some time to chill 😂🤣

Honored Contributor

I never really gave it much thought.  Doesn't bother me.

Contributor

I totally agree and everybody "LOVES" everybody.  It's nauseating. Get on with product information.  Maybe that way they wouldn't have to spend so much time on each item so they could bring us more items.

Regular Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

A couple months ago, several started exchanging "I love yous" with the vendors.  The kiss kiss was riduculous but to exchange "love yous" borders on the insane.  Very poor taste.

@Kachina624  How about  kiss, hug  love yous and a pat on the pack not only  before the presentation but afterwards as well..? One host  in particular does this. As I said the other day they are all phony like Dana Bledsoe's accent ( Perricone rep). There is one host that does not hug and that is Pat Dementri.

Valued Contributor

I agree that the kissing and I love yous are ridiculous. It also annoys me when they say "my friend" to every guest. I remember seeing a host (can't remember who she was) say "hello my friend" to a vendor. Then, when the vendor was leaving, she said "It was so nice to meet you". So she didn't even know her "friend"!

Valued Contributor

Totally agree! Cut it out.

Esteemed Contributor

Especially the younger ones. Its all kissy-huggy, and they're all best friends. I wish the shows were geared towards "selling" vs. being BBF's. They actually used to give measurements, sizing tips, updates on colors. Now its all about their lives, what they do, what they wear - and the hosts are "obsessed" with everything they sell. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Baylie wrote:

I agree that the kissing and I love yous are ridiculous. It also annoys me when they say "my friend" to every guest. I remember seeing a host (can't remember who she was) say "hello my friend" to a vendor. Then, when the vendor was leaving, she said "It was so nice to meet you". So she didn't even know her "friend"!

Maybe the host intended to use "my friend" as an expression - kind of like "my dear".  Hello my dear.....

I remember when Kim Gravel was a substitue host a few months back.  She told many vendors that she loved them.  She would say, "You know I love you, so and so".  But I think that is more of KG's personality.  I don't see any harm in it.  But I get everyone's observation about the kissing and hugging between the hosts and vendors.