Regular Contributor

Re: To much kissing on hosts part

And the word "love" is tossed around too much between hosts and product presenters

Esteemed Contributor

@demon wrote:

Can't stand all the hugging and kissing that goes on between hosts and product person. They don't need to kiss. Turns me off.  I'm sure they have seen each other before presentation.

@demon  I don't like it either.  This is supposed to be a business/selling channel.  I think it should be kept at that.  When you go into a B & M store, you don't get greeted w/a hug/kiss.  Yes, I know that these people know each other, but they have also seen each other before going on air.

That's what makes it soooo phony for me.  Like I'm too stupid to know that they just saw each other right before going on air.  A simple handshake is sufficient!

Honored Contributor

Good grief, would you rather they slapped one another?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I could care less who they kiss or when.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it's awkward when they've already kissed/hugged the same product representative in a previous segment, and go ahead and do it again like they're seeing them for the first time that day.  So fake.

Honored Contributor

I agree it's ridiculous --- then the hosts act like they haven't seen vendor in years when it's been maybe a 15 min to hour🙄

I don't see this "overzealous" "fake" excitement/ kissing & hugging on other shopping channels.  There are quite a few Q hosts (and vendors) who are too over the top for me!

Respected Contributor

Hosts meet with vendors, spokespeople, etc before every show and it is silly when they act like they haven't seen each other for so long. It's just part of the schtick to make viewers think that they are all dear, dear friends and they can certainly be trusted.  Unfortunately many shoppers fall for it.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Frequent Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Good grief, would you rather they slapped one another?

🤣 🤣

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe the hosts should be replaced by robots, appropriately programmed to each viewer's particular sensibilities of course.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@Marp wrote:

Maybe the hosts should be replaced by robots, appropriately programmed to each viewer's particular sensibilities of course.

I gave this a heart, but it deserves more. 

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart