Valued Contributor

Back around 1999 I found this forum after reading about it on an AOL/QVC page.  It was the Wild West of the New Frontier and was simply awesome in the truest sense of the word.  Like others, I've come and gone through the years and changed names a few times, but have always known this would be here if I needed info on most anything. 

In a sense this forum is like a family.  Not everyone agrees on everything but one common factor is that QVC brought us together.  For some, the end of the forum will be devastating.  

QVC, we the posters deserve so much more than an indiscreet banner advising us of the end.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: To anyone who cares at QVC

@Elodie2 wrote:

Back around 1999 I found this forum after reading about it on an AOL/QVC page.  It was the Wild West of the New Frontier and was simply awesome in the truest sense of the word.  Like others, I've come and gone through the years and changed names a few times, but have always known this would be here if I needed info on most anything. 

In a sense this forum is like a family.  Not everyone agrees on everything but one common factor is that QVC brought us together.  For some, the end of the forum will be devastating.  

QVC, we the posters deserve so much more than an indiscreet banner advising us of the end.

@Elodie2   The Forums are shutting down??

Valued Contributor

Unfortunately, yes @BalletBabe.

Esteemed Contributor

@Elodie2 wrote:

Unfortunately, yes @BalletBabe.

@Elodie2   I have been reading all the posts.  This is really sad!   I nevr spent a lot of time here but did around the Holidays and now it will close before the Holidays.  I think they will lose customers over this.  So sad!

Respected Contributor

This is like loosing a friend. 

Trusted Contributor

You know what's sad?  They never ever realized how many times these boards "saved" a sale with a contributor talking to someone who was on the fence.  How many times someone jumped in and explained something and saved CS an angry/frustrated call from someone who was confused and mad.  These forums helped them in so many ways that they totally ignored and have thrown us under the bus.  Alot of these people on these boards have been here a long time and know their way around QVC and their products.  Even more so than their own CS.  Shutting down the forums is a lose-lose for them.  Not only will they lose a "behind the scenes customer service" of all the forum people who helped with sales questions" which means more angry, frustrated, confused customers calling, they will be losing all those sales.   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@panda1234 wrote:

This is like loosing a friend. 

@panda1234 

It's like loosing a 

LOT of friends and to some maybe their ONLY  friend!

Imagine Christmas Day without these boards to someone alone and housebound..........so darn SAD!!!!!!

Contributor

QVC, why close the forums and blogs community page? A lot of us,the  customers would certainly like for all this to stay open so we can continue to visit here, read ,get ideas, interact with others, we have been doing that for years, so why stop that now, to me it just doesn't even make any sense, I do not know if you can reconcider this decision that left all of us sad, but I sure hope that you do.

Respected Contributor

I don't think they see any business advantage with the current forum participation level. And sadly, the likelihood of keeping it to be kind to posters who rely on social interactions here is zero.

They have monitored the board to its inevitable demise. This used to be a very active board with robust membership. Then came the new software platform and with it a survey asking what changes posters would like. I think QVC took poster feedback to an extreme that ultimately has squashed board participation. In this case the saying "Be careful what you wish for" is apt. When posters realized how much monitoring was happening many complained and many left. The forums never really recovered. I see people are working to create a new landing place for us. I hope it works out.