Respected Contributor

Re: Tired of Food for Sale on QVC

I do not even know why any shopping channel sells food. There are grocery stores, speciality food stores, and bakeries everywhere.

The prices are outrages when it comes down to it anyhow. I can find everything I want and need right here and spend a heck of a lot less. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Frequent Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

I do not even know why any shopping channel sells food. There are grocery stores, speciality food stores, and bakeries everywhere.

The prices are outrages when it comes down to it anyhow. I can find everything I want and need right here and spend a heck of a lot less. 

@CAMOGIRL

My town doesn't have any specialty food stores or bakeries. Just basic grocery stores that don't have some of the unique items they sell.

Contributor

There is too much food on QVC.  I know peiple love David but at times he acts like

a small child when he is tasting food.   It is not even funny any more and his shining up to some of the vendors is annoying.  Getting old.

Need to do somethng different.  More than half the recipies he makes are on Pinterest.

Nothing new and inviting.

the Same for Valerie Par Hill.  If it wasn't for the finneals every year.  Boring. Get some new holiday vendors on TV.   Half the stuff is left over from last holiday you are trying to push.

And Jill Bauer with Harry Slakin and his candles.  I had a few and they are no different than ones in stores just a better sales pitch.  She as a Host is a phony phony person.

She smells the candles like she is making love to it and yes they smell nice but Anik Gatal has the frangrant candles.

Sorry QVC, you are getting old and boring.

Esteemed Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

Lucky you, especially with the bakery.  The nearest traditional bakery to me is about 70 miles away.  Oh, we do have two grocery chains and a super Walmart but that is the absolute closest we get to having "speciality food stores".  Heck, I'd be happy if our local grocery stores had decent international food sections.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.