Respected Contributor

Re: Tiny QVC Boards Font, Can You Please Increase Font Default Size?! 👀🤓

[ Edited ]

@ciao_bella wrote:

@amyb  Since you're using Chrome, you might want to try something else.  I'm using a laptop with Chrome, so up in the very right corner of my computer screen there are 3 Vertical dots.. these are the controls to customize fonts, etc.  By clicking on the three Vertical dots, there's an option to set the zoom.  I usually have mine on 125, but there are Plus and Minus signs to go up or down for the font size. 

Thanks @ciao_bella I remember that from when I had a laptop. Right now I only have an iPad. On this, I see the 3 dots, and "Zoom setting" but it's "grayed out" and non functioning for some reason...but maybe there is something else. I'll search around and Google that...tks again for the tip!

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

Or at least have it stay bigger once we increase it...I have to keep doing that (I know first world probs, but my eyes hurt!) as I change from thread to thread, comment to comment. Am I just blind or isn't this tiny?!

QVC mods....do you think you can make the default font larger?!

@amyb.  Yes, the default font is very tiny.  Yes, you can increase it but no, there is no way to increase it permanently .    It can't be done with the program they use.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@amyb,

It is super tiny and does hurt the eyes. Another tech problem you would think they could fix for such a big company.

I always wonder where they get their IT people!

@on the bay.  It's not the IT people.  What they can and cannot do is dictated by the program they are using.

Esteemed Contributor

I mostly use my desktop to Post. I usually use font size 4 but this is a 5. Just before I start my message I choose the font size I need.

Using my phone, the font is smaller but not too small.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@on the bay wrote:

@amyb,

It is super tiny and does hurt the eyes. Another tech problem you would think they could fix for such a big company.

I always wonder where they get their IT people!

@on the bay.  It's not the IT people.  What they can and cannot do is dictated by the program they are using.

@Kachina624,

Then maybe they need a better more advanced program? I'm not good with computer terms at all.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay.  It's probably the only thing compatible with their antiquated  computer.   The computer is the problem.  It seems to hinder so many enhancements we'd like to have.

Super Contributor

Between your device, tour operating system, your browser, and in some cases, your internet speed, there are so many variables that can cause all kinds of issues.
Honored Contributor

I don't have any trouble seeing the smaller print sizes, but I know many people do.

I always change the font size to 3 or 4 and most of the time it is okay.

But sometimes when I post, part of my comments are in the larger font and some are in the smaller font.

On my iPad, the font shows up using larger until I post, then it changes.

Trusted Contributor

A lot of issues on an iPad can be controlled in settings.  I don't have an issue with the pages I'm reading, but this may help some if not previously tried.  Settings > Accessibility 

IMG_0871.png

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@amyb 

The moderators have no control over the layout of these forums.

@geezerette 

But they can pass on the request through the proper channels or other supervisors.