Respected Contributor

Re: Time for QVC to Add a More Affordable Clothing Line

Everything is going up clothes wise every where.  Saw a popular line of tops (AD probably can't mention the full name)  that used to be an affordable line and their tops are now $59.95 to $64.95.  This is without the details that add cost to a garment such as finishing the neckline, etc.  Same way for the pants that are just plain.  Would rather pay $50 for Susan Graver for a well made top and better fabric.

Respected Contributor

@ID2   I would also like to shop at good local stores and especially boutiques if we had any.  But I am glad we have QVC.  We used to have a great shopping mall that has gone downhill and some boutiques type shops now out of business.  The thing I did not like about the local shopping was I would go to work and several people were wearing the same thing - what was available locally.  I really don't like that!

I like the great selection at QVC and I don't think the prices are out of line when compared with the quality of lower priced items.  What I don't like was when the return shipping policy changed and we have to pay the original - usually $3.50 - shipping when returning an unsuitable item.  I don't mind paying the $6.50 return shipping as that is a logical policy.  But it was great when QVC could advertise your original shipping cost returned.  I would be a much happier shopper if that policy would return - but I know that's not likely to happen.

Respected Contributor

@Norriesgirls   Less affordable lines are available everywhere such as Kohls, Walmart, etc. and can be bought on line if you do not have a local store.  For me, I am satisfied with QVC quality and price wise.  It is the shipping that gets me.  I don't mind paying a reasonable amount, but $3.50 original shipping and $6.95 return shipping - $10.45 a return is too much especially since we are charged $3.50 an item even if 3 items are in the same bag or box.  I find that a rip off.  If we return 2 of the items the shipping would be close to $14 - way too much. 

Frequent Contributor

I rarely see anything under $30.  Must be watching at the wrong times.  

Frequent Contributor

That is exactly how I feel.  I have many options where I live and also shop on line from various venders, QVC is no longer my first choice.  The merchandise I get is just as good if not better than the Q.  I bought two adorable bat wing tops in gorgeous colors and well made for only $18.99 each from Amazon.  Then that same week I saw Susan Graver offering the exact top for close to  $55.  My tops were same quality as Susan’s.  

Trusted Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Mombo1 wrote:

That’s why I shop at Macy’s.  

have been looking more at Target, and of course my faves TJ and M 

Yes...I forgot about Marshalls.  Great bargains there...but it’s all about timing.  If you see something you really like, you better get it because it won’t be there tomorrow.  And Target...I like their Joy Lab athletic wear.  Reasonably  priced and nice quality.  

Frequent Contributor

I agree 100% , they are crazy with the prices. It was nice while it was resonable but now the stores look real good again !!! No more QVC for me !!

Occasional Visitor

Not sure if this is the correct section... yet I see that after several complaints about the lunch and primetime special, QVC changed and increased the quality/popularity of those offerings.  Unfortunately, this lasted a short period of time and now QVC has resorted back to only offering a very limited amount of desirable items during these daily "specials".

Honored Contributor

When a host said Du Jour was their own clothing line, I quickly pulled it up thinking simple and affordable styles. Was I wrong! Open shoulders, ruffles, metallic and every other thing that is probably already out of date.
Frequent Contributor

Seriously, isn't that Joy Lab Line adorable???? The thing I love most about Target is they get new things in, sell them out and get more new things in.  They don't hold onto merchandise for literally years, jacking up the price all the time.