Frequent Contributor

Time for QVC to Add a More Affordable Clothing Line

I’ve been watching QVC and buying now for about 25 years now.  And I noticed their clothes  prices have been rising and rising a lot through the years.  Yet their gadgets and other items seem to be more competitive with other shopping venders.

I see no reason to spend between $50 to $60 for a summer top to run to my local stores or getting a quick bite with a friend, especially sincecI can go to my local store where I can get  30% off when I shop.   I am finding that all of their clothing venders prices are extremely high lately.   I remember Joan Rivers was asked in an interview years ago how much she gets when selling on QVC.  She said she gets half of the price and QVC gets the other half.  As a result I never buy any clothes from the Q anymore.

The Q needs to add a less expensive line of affordable everyday clothing for the average woman.

Honored Contributor

Re: Time for QVC to Add a More Affordable Clothing Line

Or have real sales and free shipping.  I do not understand how QVC can keep the same item in stock for literally years at the inflated price.  Reduce it and get rid of it.

Trusted Contributor

That’s why I shop at Macy’s.  

Honored Contributor

@Mombo1  Me too!!

Respected Contributor

4988 topscurrent search

864over $50
960$40-$50
1440$30-$40
1724under $30
~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

I gave up buying my clothes via online shopping networks. No sales, high shipping, return shipping, insane to shop this way! I only shop my local shops and boutiques. I'd much rather support my community. 

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

@Norriesgirls 

I agree prices are definitely going up. $50 + S&H + tax for a simple Susan Graver liquid knit sleeveless top. Seems to me that everything is now offered on easy pay but along with that you’re paying more. 

Honored Contributor

@Mombo1 wrote:

That’s why I shop at Macy’s.  

have been looking more at Target, and of course my faves TJ and M 

Valued Contributor

Denim & Co. and Susan Graver were the more affordable clothing lines at one time. But, like everything Q now their prices have gone not only up, but too high. 

Quacker Factory, Louis and Bob Mackie were the high end lines. 

Silver Style used to be the affordable silver line along with Judith Jack. Then came Robert Lee Morris and later Judith Ripka and they were the high priced items. 

Today every item seems to have a high price. Silver sells for around $17.00 an ounce, but the cost of a bracelet comes in at a cost of about 2 pounds of silver. And forget being able to afford the cost of anything done in gold. Just a small pair of stud earrings in gold is around $200.00 and that's if the stone is a common one. There isn't much gold in them, maybe 1 gram, but because it's gold there goes the price. They even add $10.00 to the cost of a gold plated item because of that gold. 

Kitchen stuff seems to have to be bought in multiples or it has to be huge. Either get a 14" pan, or 4 pairs of snips. I wonder if it has to reach a certain dollar amount or they just won't sell it anymore. 

Shoes are nothing under $50.00 even when they are sandals with no leather on them or not enough leather to make a watch band.

No line at the Q is affordable anymore. $50.00 for a tee shirt is the norm now at the Q. And TJ Maxx is just up the road. No shipping, no waiting, no try on and return.

Sorry Q you were fun to watch grow from a start-up idea. But you haven't been what your name stands for now in quite awhile. 30 years ago it was try it on and if you don't like it send it back. You weren't out anything. Now, not so much. The price has gone up. The shipping has gone up and it doesn't ship free either way. The wait time has gone up. The return time has gone up. The items have gotten boring. It's not fun anymore.

A business does have to change and grow, but you out grew and changed too much. You made brick and mortar stores look inviting again. I wonder, would you even sell that waterproof shower radio you sold as your first item all those years ago today?

Honored Contributor

So it's not 25 years ago.  Everything everywhere has gone up over time.  Juist go shop at Walmart or wherever.  No one cares is you shop QVC or where you go.