Honored Contributor

I ordered the OTO, the Sonic Mia in the Floral this morning early in the day!  I got one way before the Floral sold out and there were quite a few left.  I was jazzed at the print because I just didn't like the prints that came before this one....

I just went and checked my Orders and guess what?  The Mia is now on Advance Order.  It wasn't on Advance Order when I ordered it.... but now it is!  Made me angry enough to cancel my order because I don't like Advance Orders and I don't like Waitlist....  I don't order items if I have to use either of those.... 

This should not have happened and it's happened to me before, and I know I've read here that it's happened to others as well.  If you catch an item prior to it selling out.... that item should be "locked in" as sold for the person who ordered it.....  Woman Frustrated

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Re: This should NOT happen.....

I don't mind advance order but I don't do wait list because I don't want someones return.  They should have made you aware before you ordered that it was an advance order. 

Honored Contributor

@Q4u  I notice that most of the shopping channels oversell and put you on advanced order  without telling the consumer in advance. It us wrong and a poor reflection on how they do business.  

Honored Contributor

But it hadn't gone to advance order ~at all~.... they were still telling us that there were xxx amount left in the floral when I ordered it!!  When I ordered it they were still telling us that there were plenty BUT they were popular.  That's what's made me so angry.  It WASN'T sold out, not even close yet.....

Respected Contributor

I find these things generally turn out to be a blessing in disguise.Smiley Wink At least that is how I choose to look at them.

Honored Contributor

Was it a pay by check order by any chance? I've read a lot of these reports lately from customers who order with check as their payment method.  

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Sometimes advance orders means only a couple of days.  What kind of delivery are they promising?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Q4u - It's just showing as "in stock" right now, because I just looked at it (put it in my cart to check).  But I have two Clarisonics already, so I can't justify ordering it just because I like the print.  Woman Sad

I wouldn't have cancelled it just because it said "advance order".  That might've just been some kind of glitch.  I'd have waited to see if it went into process, if it was something I really wanted.

Honored Contributor

Just checked as you did and yes you're right, it's back in stock.  Glitch I suppose but good grief.  I have it in my cart and will think about it.  Love the print and would like to have one so I'll probably bite again..... Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

Sometimes advance orders means only a couple of days.  What kind of delivery are they promising?

It showed no delivery date, which I thought was strange... 

But now it's showing "in stock".....