Contributor

This is on Fire! - My trigger word and Venting

So many things on QVC have been "ON FIRE" - especially the last few days. This was my trigger word during the wildfires that have not stopped but I am thinking that it certainly is a trigger word for those devastated by the QVC community in the south.  For a few seconds I do not think of the product but elsewhere.The ironic part is that the product will probably still be nicely stocked the next day.

The drinking and the tired old "Fri-Yay" are probably continued by the out of touch producers who seem to be giving the hosts the wrong cards, mixing up the products on display, writing the wrong names for colors, putting the remaining models in sizes too small, telling the hosts to say that a garment is "modest" as we are all looking at underwear lines and cellulite,  posting before and after beauty pictures that look the same and having the hosts say "this is clinical proven to improve" WHEN the posting CLEARLY says, "when asked, people said".

Finally, hosts make noises in other shows besides the food. Why?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: This is on Fire! - My trigger word and Venting

Sounds like somebody just needs to change the channel. Nothing mentioned by the OP bothers me in the least. 

Honored Contributor

@ConsumReporter    Why are you here?  Run out of some consumables on which to report?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ConsumReporter 

Lol.  You aren't the only one who has noticed.  

Respected Contributor

Yes, perhaps we all feel like venting a lot these past few years, but please do not let QVC dominate your thoughts.

I am sure many of us have new and changing "trigger words" as we work through life's challenges, but they differ for all.

Remember shopping channels are just a form of television entertainment, a non-stop commercial.

So easy to find something else to amuse---it is certainly a waste of your personal time and energy to care so much that QVC does not please you sufficiently.

Respected Contributor

good grief.

Respected Contributor

Days actually go by when I don't turn on the TV until after dinner to catch the weather report and to see if the planet is still turning. 

My favorite shows are usually comedies when I can find them.  A good laugh is good for body and soul.  If I'm curious about what's on the Q, it takes me less than five minutes to check the rundown.  

I think we all owe it to ourselves to not seek more stress.  There's enough in the real world that we all know about.  Why seek out mundane programming?

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

I think we all owe it to ourselves to not seek more stress.  There's enough in the real world that we all know about.  Why seek out mundane programming?

Good useful advice @RoughDraft 

Contributor

I watch segments for our marketing class and evaluate the "techniques".

There is a wealth of data to be collected. Most interestingly, it was brought

up how much joy "The Happy Dance" brings to those in senior centers/nursing homes.

I saw it myself. Arms waving, canes swinging. giggling...,. David is a treasure.

Point well taken... I do not own a billion dollar sales business but it is fascinating to

analyze those that do.

Contributor

You are correct. QVC knows what creates the sales. It is intriguing to see where comments can take one on forums.