Frequent Contributor

The Real Pie Co.... that isn't

[ Edited ]

I bought the combo selection and I have to suggest you not offer them again!!!  I really was shocked with the difference of the presenttion and the literally awful pies I received.   No fruit and just a lot of gummy dough and all crummy crumbs.   Where was/is the fruit?  Maybe the pies presented are made just for the presentatrion.  So, so bad.  Tossed the rest after trying 2, Apple that had a few slivers of apple and the berry that MAYBE had a teaspoon of fruit, not one whole berry.

How can you sell these?    Please stop and review the product.    Extremely disappointing.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Real Pie Co.... that isn't

@betteD  You apparently were one of the brave ones trying these pies. However, if you phone customer service they will refund your money spent for these. For obvious reasons they don't need the food items back but they will credit your account.

Of course I was professional and polite when talking to CS, they did ask me what the problem was with the (germack nut asst) I purchased, no big deal at all.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you Pink for the info, I will call cs. 

Honored Contributor

Wow!  What a bummer.  I hope you called QVC to register a complaint and offered to send it back.  I've often wondered if some of these vendored have a special batch of food made up for their tv appearances.  I know the steaks I ordered a few months ago did not look like the same steaks the guy was demonstrating for the viewers.  (Rastelli Black Angus).  So glad I didn't do auto delivery.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I just called CS and they were very nice about it and will refund.  I feel sort of bad, I don't like doing the complaint thing but I just couldn't believe these pies. 

Anyway, it worked out.  I offered to send what I could back and the CS lady just said no, so ok.  

Lesson learned about ordering food.

Thanks

Honored Contributor

I was very pleased with the David's Cookies scones and crumb cakes I ordered.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I was very pleased with the David's Cookies scones and crumb cakes I ordered

-------------------

I also really liked the scones.  I ordered the brownies... excellent!!

Honored Contributor

No need to feel bad @betteD.  In fact, I'll bet you weren't the only one that got the bad pies.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

All of these threads are valuable to others, I think. I’ve ordered several food items from QVC over the years, and most of them have NOT arrived looking as they did during the demos, and were not fresh either.

I truly do think that whatever they show on TV is not what you’ll receive, as that has been my experience multiple times. They put less filling in filled items, use the cheaper filler items over the more expensive ones (i.e. peanuts & raisins over cashews and dried cherries), and logic tells you that something that took a week or more to arrive and was supposedly made without preservatives isn’t going to be just-baked soft and moist when you finally get it.

Every once in a while there’s something new that I’m tempted by, and I remember all the duds I’ve had. And then someone will post a review and I silently thank them for saving me from another disappointment.

I had planned on buying a Junior’s cheesecake, but all the honest reviews about them arriving smooshed and thawed made my ‘not buying after all’ decision easy.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have tried Davies cookies and their combo crumb cake and brownies, not scones and really liked them too.  Bought them from the other channel.

I won't buy any more food items.  I just don't want the hassel and frustration of it all.

I just don't understand, other than making a sale, how the hosts can sell stuff when the reviews are so bad for something.  I guess you don't need a conscience to sell the stuff.