Contributor

I dislike the calls too.

I remember about 10 months ago Amy S.  was doing a presentation of that Green Veggie drink.  One male caller dropped the F bomb (to describe the product in a good way) and they quickly dropped the call.  I felt really bad for Amy as she was really embrassed that it happened.  

While they can't control what the people say on the phone and callers generally understand they can't use swear words or say tha the product medically helped them. I think the ones that do start to make medical claims are generally older people and the presenters do a good job stating that XYZ item is not a medical cure (ie Andrew Lessman items).  I have only see (as stated) one time were a caller dropped a swear. 

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I know it's been said before, but I sure wish both channels would get rid of the phone calls.  I'd much rather they show more products if they need to fill time.  I usually switch channels and maybe check back later after I think the call is over.  JMHO.

it's a holdover from when they started and like many things then needs to change.

or handle it differently 

Regular Contributor

Yes, the calls are cringeworthy. You can tell some of the callers are lonely and just want to talk to someone, others mistake them for therapy.

I also change the channel immediately (though I rarely watch any more, anyway because the programs are too muchj fluff).

Football is my favorite season.
Esteemed Contributor

Phone calls are screened.  However I really don't like them either.  Even the hosts look bored if the conversation goes on and on.  And the hosts seem to create questions that the caller can only answer in a positive way.  Seems so staged and I too want to only learn about the product, not opinion that I can read and not all kinds of over the top self promotion that many of the hosts have taken too.  Who cares, just product please.

Respected Contributor

@MLM21 wrote:

I dislike the calls too.

I remember about 10 months ago Amy S.  was doing a presentation of that Green Veggie drink.  One male caller dropped the F bomb (to describe the product in a good way) and they quickly dropped the call.  I felt really bad for Amy as she was really embrassed that it happened.  

While they can't control what the people say on the phone and callers generally understand they can't use swear words or say tha the product medically helped them. I think the ones that do start to make medical claims are generally older people and the presenters do a good job stating that XYZ item is not a medical cure (ie Andrew Lessman items).  I have only see (as stated) one time were a caller dropped a swear. 

I watched that show but it was Shawn hosting  when the caller ( who sounded like he had something else in his drink!)  dropped the f-bomb.

New Contributor

Bri369

I cannot listen to the callers.  I have to mute the TV also.

Trusted Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

When someone phones in, I immediately change the channel.

I hit mute as soon as a call is even hinted at. Bertha's bunion in bodunksville is of no interest.

ROFLMAO!!! 😆😆😆😆😆😆

Valued Contributor

I think its a very expensive waste of tv time!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I agree...Please drop the calling in

Valued Contributor

@Lisa Y wrote:

@SunValley wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

When someone phones in, I immediately change the channel.

I hit mute as soon as a call is even hinted at. Bertha's bunion in bodunksville is of no interest.

ROFLMAO!!! 😆😆😆😆😆😆

I agree completely! The ones that go on and on and on...... I wrote about that a couple of years ago saying basically the same thing, and somebody did not like it and reported me and I got deleted, I guess some people are very sensitive to people calling in. But Bodunksville is cracking me up. Made my day!!!       bamasec