Honored Contributor
I know there have been threads about the newer flimsier mailing bags, the ones with the Q in black within a square. Here is another one in the hope that the QVC Social Team will pass this up the QVC food chain.

I got home not too long ago to find a bag on my porch with one of the seams of the bag about 85% split open. My order total for the item inside is $142.44. This is not good. It is a big bulky clothing item that should have been packaged in something much sturdier.

I feel very fortunate that the item and packing slip were still inside the bag but either could easily have fallen out of it.
Q needs to ship items in appropriate shipping materials. These bags are so much flimsier that the previous bags with the orange Q were.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a fan of the newer bags either. I had a beautiful Dennis Basso sweater delivered in one, and the corner was open. The sweater was okay, but the bag looked like it had been in three wars. I think all clothing items should be packaged in boxes, to prevent potential damage from shipping.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

Re: The Newer Flimsy Bags

[ Edited ]

I agree about the flimsy bags.  I remember when Dennis Basso coats and vests were sent on a hanger with a dust jacket all in a box.  A beautiful presentation.  HSN too would send large clothing items in a box. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

I also reiterate my annoyance with the flimsy new bags—in fact, just today I received one with my purchase halfway out the side and no invoice/insert (it must have slipped out along the way since the old plain stickers rather than the new labels are used for these bags). Fortunately, the USPS personnel in my area are great, and they had noticed the problem and were handling the packet with care. If not for their special attention, I'm sure I would have ended up with an empty bag.

Honored Contributor

I, too,  have received a couple of the new bags that were torn open or had slits in them.  Made me wonder how they ever arrived with contents intact.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I recently received a hand-vac........in an open packing box.   The tape was flapping in the breeze, and the box ends were open, and like @Kachina624 , I wondered how the contents actually got here intact.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

It is one of those issues that some scoff at as a problem BUT I notice when it happens to you then a concern?  Flimsy bags have been used now, months and must be another cost cutter. One can feel the difference in the plastics and heat sealing does not hold up.

Respected Contributor

Re: The Newer Flimsy Bags

[ Edited ]

The biggest problem I have experienced with the flimsy bags is the condition of the bag if they are mailed through USPS, the number of stops, hubs, etc. is ridiculous and these flimsy bags are getting handled much more than we realize.  I have received some that looked like they were driven over or got caught in a conveyer belt.  Have not had any bags with broken seams, at least as yet!

Honored Contributor
@ScarletDove. WHat you write is a absolutely true for some of them. However I do think the bigger problem is the seams on them tearing open because there is a huge risk of then not receiving the item at all. 🙀
Trusted Contributor

You would think in what they charge for S/H they could use something stronger.  How cheap!