Respected Contributor

Re: The 50"s show the other night was

As I have stated before, I watched the first show. Trash tv, don't need to watch any more of them.  I didn't act so crass and crude in my 50's and if qvc thinks that is how women act at that age, well they need a new marketing director.  They can say all they want that it gets people talking about qvc.  Does not automatically turn into dollars for them.  Will be interested to see the quarterlies.  Just reading posts not only here but on other social media forums this was a failed marketing ploy.

Esteemed Contributor

After having seen the show last year, I simply didn't watch since it wasn't going to be a show that I would enjoy.

I watch shows I want to watch and hosts that I enjoy.  Anything that makes me annoyed I don't watch. 

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

Over 50 is not the show for those who want to see women to lift up other women or behave in a classy way. I find it insulting to watch women degrade themselves for sales and attention. 

@CalminHeart 

lots of things insult me

am i right?

am i wrong?

neither

we are all different

tolerance is needed 

~~today may be my last.....i choose JOY!~~
Trusted Contributor

Othereeen 🤣🤣🤣. You are so funny! I love your sarcasm!
Honored Contributor

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

Over 50 is not the show for those who want to see women to lift up other women or behave in a classy way. I find it insulting to watch women degrade themselves for sales and attention. 

@CalminHeart 

lots of things insult me

am i right?

am i wrong?

neither

we are all different

tolerance is needed 

Women have worked hard to get where they are and to watch some live-down to an old fashioned male dominant society is sad. Just a couple examples.

Women needed a male co-signer to get a credit card until 1974. The equal pay act was just 61 years ago.

The violence against women act is just 30 years old.

Title IX sex anti discrimination act is just 52 years old.

My dad had to co-sign for me to open a checking account in 1970.

Sometimes people have to speak up or they become part of the problem. Sadly, many who cry "tolerance" want it only for themselves and not others.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CalminHeart wrote:

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

@CalminHeart 

lots of things insult me

am i right?

am i wrong?

neither

we are all different

tolerance is needed 

Women have worked hard to get where they are and to watch some live-down to an old fashioned male dominant society is sad. Just a couple examples.

Women needed a male co-signer to get a credit card until 1974. The equal pay act was just 61 years ago.

The violence against women act is just 30 years old.

Title IX sex anti discrimination act is just 52 years old.

My dad had to co-sign for me to open a checking account in 1970.

Sometimes people have to speak up or they become part of the problem. Sadly, many who cry "tolerance" want it only for themselves and not others.

@CalminHeart 

not sure what your response to my tolerance actually means. my response has nothing to do with womens progress and success from historic discrimination.  i am proud to know i am part of that success and we still have a ways to go, probably always will.  my tolerance means i am who i am.  others are who they are.  i will not be them no matter what spin they try to put on my words.  NEVER. nor do i want them to be anything other than who they are.  judgments are lame because they are based on bias.  folks need to worry more about themselves before they judge others. 

~~today may be my last.....i choose JOY!~~
Respected Contributor

@Rockycoast wrote:

As I have stated before, I watched the first show. Trash tv, don't need to watch any more of them.  I didn't act so crass and crude in my 50's and if qvc thinks that is how women act at that age, well they need a new marketing director.  They can say all they want that it gets people talking about qvc.  Does not automatically turn into dollars for them.  Will be interested to see the quarterlies.  Just reading posts not only here but on other social media forums this was a failed marketing ploy.

I'm 50 and enjoyed the show very much.  

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:

@Rockycoast wrote:

Just curious.  What did you buy???

Valued Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@RollTide2008 wrote:

@Rockycoast wrote:

What makes you think she had to buy something?  Can't a person just watch the show?  Do you buy something from every show you watch?

Honored Contributor

@snipsnapsnur wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

@RollTide2008 wrote:

@Rockycoast wrote:

What makes you think she had to buy something?  Can't a person just watch the show?  Do you buy something from every show you watch?

Good point @snipsnapsnur .