Valued Contributor

Re: Teach hosts correct pronunciations

I'm okay with regional dialects pronouncing words differently, but today's glaring offense is Leah Williams on AM Style.  She keeps referring to the pants she is wearing as a "shambori" print.  It's Shibori Leah.  It's a Japanese tie dye print.  For whatever reason every time she says it, it's driving me up wall.  All I can think of is the pillows on my bed!

Valued Contributor

Yesterday Kerstin was showing a Summersalt shirt dress which came in two colors...white and sea urchin (black).  She kept pronouncing urchin as urchint.  She's maybe confusing it with sea serpent?  

Contributor

I just cannot listen/watch "Joolery" shows.

Honored Contributor

@Judles327,😄

That pronunciation always makes me laugh.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Super Contributor

@Kachina624  that might be true but management isn't looking to this forumn to point that out. This blog seems to be an outlet of a bunch of nasty old biddies just looking to show how catty they are

Valued Contributor

MEOW.

Contributor

THANK YOU...I thought I was the only one put off by mis-pronunciations (and horrendous grammar, too). 

I do not think it is too much to expect someone whose job is to present jewelry to know the word is not pronounced "joolery." And, there's really no hope for items that are "more finer." And, every sentence need not include "like" and "cool."

And, on another subject, some hostesses might think about washing their hair, maybe once a week or so.

I don't need a response from the kindness squad. I feel badly for these hostesses. They should be better groomed/trained/corrected, not left to look foolish on screen.

Further, to use a word thrown around way too often, when we tune in, having an "elevated" experience just might make us feel the "Q" really does stand for "quality." 

Contributor

Jill Bauer...what a lovely host! She was calm, articulate, classy.

Respected Contributor

@ArmoBuyer wrote:

THANK YOU...I thought I was the only one put off by mis-pronunciations (and horrendous grammar, too). 

I do not think it is too much to expect someone whose job is to present jewelry to know the word is not pronounced "joolery." And, there's really no hope for items that are "more finer." And, every sentence need not include "like" and "cool."

And, on another subject, some hostesses might think about washing their hair, maybe once a week or so.

I don't need a response from the kindness squad. I feel badly for these hostesses. They should be better groomed/trained/corrected, not left to look foolish on screen.

Further, to use a word thrown around way too often, when we tune in, having an "elevated" experience just might make us feel the "Q" really does stand for "quality." 

"some hostesses might think about washing their hair maybe once a week or so"

Seriously?  I've NEVER seen a host that's unkempt or with dirty looking hair.  Not sure what you're watching.

Honored Contributor

And speaking of....we frequently get calls from (I think it is Spectrum) that want to "lower down our prices". Disgraceful