Regular Contributor

Teach hosts correct pronunciations

Recently, the words “merino” and “koolaburra “ were mispronounced by host for entire hour. Hard to watch.
Respected Contributor

Re: Teach hosts correct pronunciations

That host is hard to watch on any show. I still can't get over the mispronunciation of "figaro."

Trusted Contributor

Many hosts mispronounce things you would think someone would have coached them on before they go in the air.

Valued Contributor

Be nice!

Honored Contributor

Perhaps you can pronounce this -- Get a Life!

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@lucky-girl wrote:

Be nice!

@lucky-girl    You don't think we should have the expectation of a host being able to pronounce words commonly used in the industry in which she works?  I disagree.  QVC should be embarrassed. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

The word that gets me every time by both host and/or vendor is "button"...amazing how many people are not aware there are 2 "t's" in the word "button"...I laugh every time I hear the pronunciation "bu..on"   where are the missing "t's"...?  Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@lucky-girl wrote:

Be nice!

@lucky-girl    You don't think we should have the expectation of a host being able to pronounce words commonly used in the industry in which she works?  I disagree.  QVC should be embarrassed. 

@Kachina624  Agree 100%...

Respected Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

The word that gets me every time by both host and/or vendor is "button"...amazing how many people are not aware there are 2 "t's" in the word "button"...I laugh every time I hear the pronunciation "bu..on"   where are the missing "t's"...?  Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

I dislike that pronunciation as you cod. However I don't say "but-ton". That sounds weird. I say "butn" like most people I know 

*I tried to form a gang once but it turned into a book club*
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@lucky-girl wrote:

Be nice!

I agree, at the very least the company name and product you are selling. It's called preparation for your job.